Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020-21 WF Men's Soccer Thread - Yes, there is a Fall and Spring Soccer Season

On to elite 8

Vs UCSB Saturday at 5

Go Deacs!
    I love mankind...it’s people I can’t stand!!

Scott "Rufio" Feather DeacLaw05's Avatar
    We weren’t quite as sharp in possession tonight as we were against Maryland last week, though in fairness it would be really tough to be better—the Deacs put on a master class against the Terps. Took good advantage of the chances we got, and the volley for the 3rd goal was marvelous.

While watching the 1st half, I didn't think there was any way we could score 3 in the 2nd half. Some more missing players today since the Maryland game, so really a great result.

When in doubt, rub one out -BiffTannen

Some really pretty balls played by Wake. A couple of big saves by Wake goalie and a flat miss by the Michigan guy behind the D. Fun game to watch.

Are we at home against UCSB?

Quote Originally Posted by BirdinBama View Post
    Are we at home against UCSB?
    yes

The Demon Deacons (15-4-2) will be at Spry once again on Saturday, Dec. 7, taking on UC Santa Barbara at 5 p.m.

Has anyone seen much of UCSB this year? I am trying to get a feel for their playing style and players to watch out for.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace262 View Post
    Has anyone seen much of UCSB this year? I am trying to get a feel for their playing style and players to watch out for.
    They have a magician at CM. Really good player. They play down the flanks when teams put two on him. Pretty y’all and physical team as a whole, but they play a smaller starting XI and use their pace and skill to attack. They have scored quite a few set piece goals this season which has been our undoing far too often. Overall, they’re a good team who plays pretty compact and gets up the field quickly.

Who is the Gaucho, amigo? Why is he standing in your spangled leather poncho and your elevator shoes? Bodacious cowboys such as your friend will never be welcome here.
    Runs with deer.

Stanford and Clemson in Pk's I hate those guys

Clemson loses on the first of the sudden death PKs --- I really hate those guys

Quote Originally Posted by Partree View Post
    Clemson loses on the first of the sudden death PKs --- I really hate those guys
    Assume you’re hating on Stanford.
    I agree

yes Stanford very rugged game

feels like we are uncharacteristically struggling to keep possession, ucsb is pretty physical

Playing on our end for the most part.

We aren't moving the ball very sharply and build up is a little slow as a result. UCSB, as a result, is able to get stuck in and throw us off our game even more.

I wouldn't mind seeing a bit more directness in the 2nd 45

UCSB on top as it is
    Football. Bloody Hell.

What an individual effort by Johnston!

Wow wow wow wow

Leggo!

1-0
    Football. Bloody Hell.

That was a nice play for the goal.