• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020-21 WF Men's Soccer Thread - Yes, there is a Fall and Spring Soccer Season

I don't know if planned would be the correct term. From what I understand, the ACC tournament winner will receive the automatic bid for the NCAA tournament which has now been moved to April 2021. I would imagine that ACC teams would play a non-conference spring schedule with some matches against other ACC schools that were in the other division or travel feasible.

I don't know if planned would be the correct term. From what I understand, the ACC tournament winner will receive the automatic bid for the NCAA tournament which has now been moved to April 2021. I would imagine that ACC teams would play a non-conference spring schedule with some matches against other ACC schools that were in the other division or travel feasible.

Thanks. So when is the ACC tournament? Is BC the only ACC soccer school not participating?

Mulligan for the 1spot going into the playoffs, and probably the national poll since PITT is out of commission. Hopefully, the offense and midfield can get out of the rut they've been in and we don't have to rely on spectacular plays, it's not good for my heart.

Any candidates for MVP out of our team? Any players standing out to anyone for Pro contracts this winter?

Deacs close the regular season at last place State on Saturday at 5 pm. WF has already clinched the ACC "South Region" title. The ACC Soccer tournament will follow next week. There is no NCAA Championship this Fall.

Deacs close the regular season at last place State on Saturday at 5 pm. WF has already clinched the ACC "South Region" title. The ACC Soccer tournament will follow next week. There is no NCAA Championship this Fall.

Will this team still be together when they play the NCAA tournament in the spring? Suspect quite a few guys will be looking to sign professional deals....

Will this team still be together when they play the NCAA tournament in the spring? Suspect quite a few guys will be looking to sign professional deals....

It's a fair question and one that we will likely have to deal with anyway as the idea of a combined Fall/Spring season -- with fewer overall games and fewer mid-week games during each semester reducing the overall impact on travel, wear-and-tear, etc -- seems to be gaining momentum. This might be a new reality for college soccer programs that recruit guys who leave early.

Deacs play UVA next Sunday at home

winner of that game is in the semis against the VT-Clemson winner

Pitt got the 1 seed on the other side -- they went 4-0 in the conference and didn't have to play Wake, Clemson, or Carolina

20_21_GEN_ChampTemplate_Bracket_MSOC.jpg

Deacs play UVA next Sunday at home

winner of that game is in the semis against the VT-Clemson winner

Pitt got the 1 seed on the other side -- they went 4-0 in the conference and didn't have to play Wake, Clemson, or Carolina

Are fans able to go today and stand on the hill?

Virginia in the ACC tourney... What could go wrong?

Clemson curb stomped VT.

Let’s go out and take care of business.

Back