• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020-21 WF Men's Soccer Thread - Yes, there is a Fall and Spring Soccer Season

Vidovich gets Pitt into the tourney for the first time since 1965. Well done to Jay.

Would this be the first time that WF has played MD in any sport since they left the ACC?

IIRC, WF scrimmaged MD in men's hoop a couple of years ago because of the Manning/Turgeon connection.

It was always looking like duke and Carolina would be the two left out. Crazy, side they've both had super strong teams in recent years. Just stating the obvious, but wow the ACC is dominant in college soccer.

I mean I would prefer Iona, I still think either will be beatable especially at home.

Maryland plays Iona tonight at 7. WF plays the winner of that game at home on Sunday at 5 pm.

Terps it is. This is going to be a dogfight. Obviously, they’re coming off a national championship, but they are a very physical team. I get the feeling they will play very compact and aggressive. I would love to see us nick one early, obviously, to try and open the game up a bit.

Terps it is. This is going to be a dogfight. Obviously, they’re coming off a national championship, but they are a very physical team. I get the feeling they will play very compact and aggressive. I would love to see us nick one early, obviously, to try and open the game up a bit.

Your comment about physical team got me wondering, so I went and looked it up. FWIW...

Terps had 205 fouls on the year in 20 games. Deacs have 193 in 19 games. So not a big discrepancy.
Fouls against were 276 by Terp opponents, 287 by Deac opponents. So again, about the same rate.

Terps had 23 yellow cards (and 1 RC) on the year, Deacs with 13 YC.
Terp opponents received 28 YCs, but Deac opponents received 61 (!!!!!).

Holy shit that's a lot of bad fouls by our opponents.

huh had no idea this was a thing, a suspension served a year later

Also if anyone finds a stream let me know please!

Back