• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020-21 WF Men's Soccer Thread - Yes, there is a Fall and Spring Soccer Season

Fayettenam...what are you seeing from the freshmen?

And where's ACM?

ACM has been out with what has only been said is an upper body injury with no timetable for a return. Honestly, I thought the GK battle was going to be the biggest battle going into the season. ACM was the clear cut starter, but Panny had a MONSTER summer winning the USL2 championship with some great performances. I thought he's been pretty good in the two matches so far, but ACM is such a good reactionary shot blocker and great with his feet at the ball. I assume ACM will move back into starting once he's healthy, depending on where we are in the season.

For the freshman, Nico Benalcazar has looked good being thrown into a starting CB role as a freshman. I think one of the biggest issues with him will just be getting his comfort levels up playing alongside DeShields. I'm not really sold on Folds and Johnston at wing backs, but obviously they must be practicing well and showing that they can get down the field as well as defend. Both have seemed pretty out of position on quite a few defensive mishaps. Suzuki has been starting as well in the diamond, but it still looks like he's getting a feel for the college game.

Calvin Harris has been GREAT off the bench in my opinion. Good speed and size and seems like he can play a couple of positions well. I'd like to see more of Omar Hernandez as well.

Seems like we are still trying to find the right combos of who plays well with who and who can be dominant up top.

ACM has been out with what has only been said is an upper body injury with no timetable for a return. Honestly, I thought the GK battle was going to be the biggest battle going into the season. ACM was the clear cut starter, but Panny had a MONSTER summer winning the USL2 championship with some great performances. I thought he's been pretty good in the two matches so far, but ACM is such a good reactionary shot blocker and great with his feet at the ball. I assume ACM will move back into starting once he's healthy, depending on where we are in the season.

For the freshman, Nico Benalcazar has looked good being thrown into a starting CB role as a freshman. I think one of the biggest issues with him will just be getting his comfort levels up playing alongside DeShields. I'm not really sold on Folds and Johnston at wing backs, but obviously they must be practicing well and showing that they can get down the field as well as defend. Both have seemed pretty out of position on quite a few defensive mishaps. Suzuki has been starting as well in the diamond, but it still looks like he's getting a feel for the college game.

Calvin Harris has been GREAT off the bench in my opinion. Good speed and size and seems like he can play a couple of positions well. I'd like to see more of Omar Hernandez as well.

Seems like we are still trying to find the right combos of who plays well with who and who can be dominant up top.

Thanks!

Couple players to note from the exhibitions and roster. It does not appear that Ryan Fessler or Jaden Servania have made it to campus for this season.

Any story here? Going pro? Qualifying issues?

This year team seems to be missing the explosive quick wing striker of the past couple of years. Also, don’t seem to control the ball as well as previous teams. Early in year. Look forward to seeing the team win.

Does Wake have a connection to Houston Baptist in some way? Was Ron Wellman buds with their AD or something? We're playing them on Monday.

Does Wake have a connection to Houston Baptist in some way? Was Ron Wellman buds with their AD or something? We're playing them on Monday.

The son of Houston Baptist's president is a prof at WF. But I doubt that that has anything to do with it.

Nice win against Dartmouth. Still not sure how they scored that goal off that throw in. McMaster played great. Aristotle and Machop looked like they could turn another level of speed above any Dartmouth players.

my in-laws live in Winston and want to take their grandkids to a game. Can you always just show up at gametime and get tickets no problem, or do you need to order in advance?

my in-laws live in Winston and want to take their grandkids to a game. Can you always just show up at gametime and get tickets no problem, or do you need to order in advance?

More than likely you can just show up, but it may depend on the game. A Saturday game against a Syracuse or Clemson is going to be much more packed than a Tuesday against High Point. I'd likely buy in advance if you're thinking of a weekend match. Also, the lines to purchase tickets can be long on game nights.

Down 1-0 to JMU in the 2nd. Pannenberg just stopped a PK.

Nice come from behind victory for Wake. 3-2 in OT over Clemson.

Tough game for the Clemson keeper

Muus has 81 wins in his first 100 games — best career start through 100 games of any coach in NCAA history

Back