• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020-21 WF Men's Soccer Thread - Yes, there is a Fall and Spring Soccer Season

are there just not enough decent soccer venues in places like Southern California and South Florida? Seems like the College Cup is always in cold places.

3 of the 4 schools in the Final 4 are within a 4.5 hour drive of Cary.

Typically the high in Cary is 54 degrees in December with an average of 7 days of the month with rain

Not a crazy venue at all.

Wait, absolutely zero chance this game is scheduled to be played on field turf. Are y'all crazy?

nobody matches up well against UVA, they're stacked

I feel really good considering our history against UVa on cold, rainy nights in Cary!

Very good field that drains well except for that one time when it turned into a puddle right after UVa scored when God hated us for a while and unleashed the heavens.

it would seem that a full day of rain, and two physical, foul-filled games (I'm assuming Stanford and VA will foul a lot), will tax the field pretty significantly

nobody matches up well against UVA, they're stacked

I like our chances. They only beat us 1-0 at home in the ACC Tournament. SMU just took them to OT and scored 2 goals. We'll likely need 2 to have a chance at a win, IMHO. I think they have the best D in the nation regarding goals surrendered.

It's just what my source has told me. Ignore anything else you've heard or what your own brain is telling you because I'm telling you I have a source that runs counter to all that.

We shall see.

Back