• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020-21 WF Men's Soccer Thread - Yes, there is a Fall and Spring Soccer Season

That water on the left side was a travesty.

Not sure how you can have a field with one area that is totally unplayable.

Yet it worked to our advantage when our players remembered to put enough juice on the ball.

No extra time in college soccer, on that stage, is still ridiculous. Virginia killed 3+min of clock outside of ref stoppages, easily

Fought back proud of effort.

Yes this one will hurt for a while. Dominated possession and 8 shots on goal vs 2 for uva. Bad missed early penalty that should have been a pk to boot for Deacs. Ref was clearly not in control and lucky some players weren’t injured. That first goal was a killer because we dominated play and got some quality shots and then they get an easy one on counter.

Maybe next year.

We controlled the game, but never felt dangerous.

UVA wasn’t dangerous often either but converted on the couple times they were.

The field was a factor particularly on our end in the 2nd half. Not an excuse but a fact. Still the 2nd half was one of the best halves I have seen from Wake. Great effort.

The field was a factor particularly on our end in the 2nd half. Not an excuse but a fact. Still the 2nd half was one of the best halves I have seen from Wake. Great effort.

Was really dumb on our part to continue to play the ball left side of goal and to pass there in the 2nd half....

Chol has to work on his left footed shot. 2:great runs to get himself in beautiful position inside box and he basically whiffed on both with easy rollers to goalie. Has to convert that 50% of the time at this level or at least get a shot off to corner where goalie has to make a diving save.

Wasted opportunities.

Water was the a factor.

We pretty much outplayed them, but gave up 2 goals on two shots on goal. I am so sick of losing to virginia in the postseason.

Again, our lack of size and height was the difference. Getting pushed off the ball constantly. Has been a main factor in other tourney losses through the years e.g. Indiana, Stanford come to mind. I think UVa is the biggest team, overall, I've ever seen. We really had no prayer on corner kicks to score, whereas you could tell they were a real threat every time.

Saw where we are 0-17-5 all-time in the postseason vs. UVA; wow. Question: how does post-season tie occur w/o a "winner" advancing?

Saw where we are 0-17-5 all-time in the postseason vs. UVA; wow. Question: how does post-season tie occur w/o a "winner" advancing?

If it goes to PK’s (and maybe even OT) it goes in the record book as a tie.

Very strong showing this year. Kudos to Muuss for taking an undermanned team so far.

Again, our lack of size and height was the difference. Getting pushed off the ball constantly. Has been a main factor in other tourney losses through the years e.g. Indiana, Stanford come to mind. I think UVa is the biggest team, overall, I've ever seen. We really had no prayer on corner kicks to score, whereas you could tell they were a real threat every time.

I checked out the UVA roster to see if Dike was legit big or just big relative to everyone else. 6-2/220. Legit big.

Death, taxes and losing in the NCAA tourney.

LOL. Wake soccer has made the final four 6 times in the past 14 years, with a national championship in there. I would take that type of "losing in the NCAA tourney" for every Wake sports program.

Back