• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020-21 WF Men's Soccer Thread - Yes, there is a Fall and Spring Soccer Season

I didn't see that they requested, I saw that they cancelled all sporting events this week other than football due to outbreaks with teams related to COVID. Which is just great since they left quarantined football members at home, but still decided to bring over 100 players, staff, and AD members up to Winston to play a football game Saturday after announcing all this information (including football related infections) on Friday. Fucking joke.

They care about the well-being and safety of their student athletes. They just care about money a little bit more.

The women's soccer team plays @ UNC tonight at 7 pm. Looks like the game will be available for on-line viewing.

We should have a new thread for the Women's team, right?

The women are 0-2. Lost to Duke and UNC. They should have beat Duke - Duke scored in the 88th minute and then won in OT. The women play Duke again today. COVID seasons are weird.

The Deacs haven’t won a contest yet this fall. Football and women’s soccer are 0-2, and field hockey lost to UNC today. Men’s soccer beat Pitt, but it was an exhibition.

Game gonna happen? Curfew is in effect in Lousiville for the next 72 hours and the game is at 7(8?). Do you think that will affect this?

Andreu Cases Mundet is now playing for Santa Clara as a GRAD transfer. I hope the injury that kept him out for so long has finally healed.

Game gonna happen? Curfew is in effect in Lousiville for the next 72 hours and the game is at 7(8?). Do you think that will affect this?

It appears the WF @ L'ville game is on as scheduled tonight. The game starts at 6pm and will be televised on the ACC Network.

Deacs ranked #1 in the initial poll of the season; up 1-0 on Louisville in the first half. Anyone know if fans will be allowed in at the home game next weekend?

Turn on the tube and see Wake get its second goal. 9 minutes remain in the first period. Not too shabby.

I think it was 3-1. It was with less than 10 minutes to go when my DVR slot ran out.

Any word on viewing from the hill? Will that be open for home games?

Anyone go to the UAB game on Saturday? Deacs rolled.

Heading to #3 Clemson tomorrow.

Anyone go to the UAB game on Saturday? Deacs rolled.

Heading to #3 Clemson tomorrow.

I watched it on TV. It rained the entire match. As would be expected from the score, Wake dominated, though UAB did have a few decent second half chances based on errors by the Wake defense. This reminded me of last year, where we would have a couple of defensive breakdowns each game. On Saturday night, we also had about 5 other really good chances to score, so the final score could have been even more lopsided.

Clemson lost to UNC this weekend on a goal with 1 second remaining. It occurred on a total defensive breakdown by Clemson on a set piece.

Does anyone know if Wake is allowing any fans in for the soccer matches? Maybe just parents and students?

I think the stadium has been limited to students, family, scouts, undressed players in a very limited fashion. The Hill appears to be open with masks and proper social distancing.

Somewhat unrelated, I went to the playoff match Saturday between Charlotte Independence and Charleston Battery. Logan Gdula put in a great shift for the Battery, who ended up advancing in OT. Strange to see a match with basically no fans (20-30 people plus teams, staff, and broadcast crew).

Last edited:
Back