• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020-21 WF Men's Soccer Thread - Yes, there is a Fall and Spring Soccer Season

First couple replays that looks like a goal but also thought that was an easy punch for Panny.

Deacs with at least 3 key players (and likely starters) sidelined for this one.

Covid?

Deacs with at least 3 key players (and likely starters) sidelined for this one.

Covid?

Yep, looks like Covid has struck. Still, Muss's postseason record hasn't been good. At some point, Wake Soccer under him is going to have to achieve better in the postseason.

Wake = least clutch school in history.

Can confirm. I wonder if there is a way to empirically measure this? I know the data is there for ncaa hoops. It’s just an amazing decades-long institutional inability to either a) hold a big lead or b) succeed as a favorite when it matters.

I mean when we play Virginia in post season play can we just forfeit and save everybody the aggravation?

What's the soccer team's record against UVa in the ACC tourney? Like 1-55 or something?

4 starters were out and ELEVEN players unavailable. Some injuries, but mostly covid. Just brutal...

taking a stat from the Virginia site we have now played them 24 times in postseason play and have never won a game in regulation.

And this is during huge sections of time where we have been a top 3/5 soccer program nationally.

Seems like WF beats everyone, but UVA and Stanford in the post-season over the last 15 years.

Calvin Harris looking like he will declare. I would have to imagine he goes top 3 overall.

And Isaiah Parente is the next to depart. He's opted to sign a HG with Columbus. He's definitely a top talent underclass talent.

And next up is Machop Chol, who is signing a homegrown with Atlanta United. I feel like that's a good situation for him to continue to develop with a team in a bit of a rebuild.

Back