• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ALL PRAISE JOHN CURRIE FOR ACTING A YEAR TOO LATE

Listened to his interview with David Glenn today. Ron Wellman 2.0.

Yep. Pretty much what my brother said after listening to it yesterday. My guess is that he'll end up being pretty much useless.

His role is to ultimately be a support person for Danny Manning. And Tom Walter has built a great program.

The Deacon looks like he's being held hostage.

That is why I have said previously that not much will change until Hatch retires and his successor chosen. My best guess is between one and three years for that to be completed.

I don't expect Currie to rock the boat too much until then. His major task in that time period will be the basketball programs (plural) and their respective coaching staffs.

That is why I have said previously that not much will change until Hatch retires and his successor chosen. My best guess is between one and three years for that to be completed.

I don't expect Currie to rock the boat too much until then. His major task in that time period will be the basketball programs (plural) and their respective coaching staffs.

You might as well face it. Wake basketball as we knew it may not return in our lifetime. The cancer has metastasized and is running rampant.

You will need to get rid of Hatch and it looks like now Currie is more of the same as well.

The likelihood is that Hatch's successor will be much like himself just as Wellman's successor was.

Maybe things will change when DRoss takes over as University president.

#MWFGA

Agree. Give DRoss a chance.

My friend D Ross is disqualified for 2 reasons: 1) Duke Law 2) WFU President is required to sit behind a desk a few hours per day and attend WFU functions. That would be hard to do while attending sporting events in far away places 40 weeks per year.

Who cares what he says on a PR tour? His job is to fix men's basketballl. Women's hoops would be nice too, but if he fixes men's basketball the athletic program would be in the best shape its ever been.

Currie will make no move that will in any way cast doubt on, or sully the image of the tenure of Ron Wellman. Ain't going to happen.

After listening to the full David Glenn interview, I don't think he said anything wrong. Think he said the right things. That being said, actions always speak louder than words. We will see what happens with basketball, which remains the biggest disgrace to a University that is otherwise successful in a majority of areas.

After listening to the full David Glenn interview, I don't think he said anything wrong. Think he said the right things. That being said, actions always speak louder than words. We will see what happens with basketball, which remains the biggest disgrace to a University that is otherwise successful in a majority of areas.

Ron Wellman 2.0

Currie will make no move that even gives a hint of an appearance that anything Wellman did was less than perfect.

Back