• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ALL PRAISE JOHN CURRIE FOR ACTING A YEAR TOO LATE

Great job by Currie to show Manning his full support and let him know he has his back!

Or it could be him letting Danny Manning know that he’s watching the team closely and expects progress. Or it could just be the seat he chose, so he could be close to the players.

We don’t know anything about it. And that’s the problem when people who don’t know anything try to draw crazy conclusions out of minuscule details.

hope curry paid his own way there. Could have watched on TV and save us some $$. No accountabilty about how much money is wasted on this shitshow

hope curry paid his own way there. Could have watched on TV and save us some $$. No accountabilty about how much money is wasted on this shitshow

Hell yes save us $20 in gas and $50 on court side seats it’s the least his ass can do !

Jesus Christ you people are idiots. He’s the director of athletics at our school.

Hell yes save us $20 in gas and $50 on court side seats it’s the least his ass can do !

Jesus Christ you people are idiots. He’s the director of athletics at our school.

then he should start to act like it and demand some accountability otherwise he should sit on his sofa at home and and just laugh at the wasted resources we have been foolish enough to provide to an embarrassment. I will take the $70 back in a heartbeat .

and pretty sure those of watching this decade of incompetence are not the idiots. Me on the other hand for supporting it - totally agree I am an idiot

He sat in that seat because it is probably the best/first seat in WF's away section at the stadium. I think most teams have the away section right behind the away team bench.

Once Manning survived the Wellman BS at the end of last year, he was almost certainly going to be the coach for at least a decent stretch this season (if not the whole season). So Currie being in attendance seemingly shows that he is at minimum getting a first hand look at the continued bad level of play put out there by Manning, especially when you see that the team has some decent raw talent that needs guidance. Hopefully it spurs some decisive action if this continues as expected.

He sat in that seat because it is probably the best/first seat in WF's away section at the stadium. I think most teams have the away section right behind the away team bench.

Once Manning survived the Wellman BS at the end of last year, he was almost certainly going to be the coach for at least a decent stretch this season (if not the whole season). So Currie being in attendance seemingly shows that he is at minimum getting a first hand look at the continued bad level of play put out there by Manning, especially when you see that the team has some decent raw talent that needs guidance. Hopefully it spurs some decisive action if this continues as expected.

I pray that you are right but fear that you are wrong.

How many times did we see Wellman sitting that close? I see Currie in the "due diligence" phase of building a case that will insure the big money is on board with (and will fund) a coaching change.

How many times did we see Wellman sitting that close? I see Currie in the "due diligence" phase of building a case that will insure the big money is on board with (and will fund) a coaching change.

Building a case = printing out the win/loss results from the last few years.

Inspired by the other thread, let's get it rolling. Motherfucker has been here 6 days and Manning still has not been fired. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss. Eat a dick, you bastard.

Reiterating the first post in this thread. It has gone from 6 days to 6 months. Eat a whole bag of dicks, you sorry, spineless son of a bitch.

And just because John Currie is upholding his basic duties as the Athletic Director by attending last night's pathetic performance in CLT, we should be not mislead about what the ultimate strategy is this year to set the stage for a post-season canning of Mr. Manning. For the aim is to...

LET. IT. BURN!!!!!!

Last edited:
I 100% agree with you. But he's still going to have everyone on board beforehand, including making sure he has all the money covered (which was supposedly the big hold up last time - or Wellman being a dbag one last time). My post was not intended to mean he would not do it soon, just that he's going to make sure to have this planned out with the needed resources. We're basically 2 years to the day from when his UT time went to complete shit with a coaching search.

$$$$$ ? anything is better than Manning. Hire a decent hs coach.

$$$$$ ? anything is better than Manning. Hire a decent hs coach.
I agree with you but there were two potentially viable rumors floating around (because very few people likely know what actually occurred last Spring):
1. WF raised some money but couldn't fully cover the huge buyout or make it financially viable without pulling funds from other sports, which WF didn't want to do, OR
2. WF had enough money to make a move but Wellman decided to keep Manning for one reason or another.

I personally think that if one of the above is actually true, it is the second one. But even in that case, Currie would have to leverage relationships with the bigger donors to reconfirm that he has enough money to make the move to fire Manning and pay enough to get a good coach.

This totally ignores the argument that WF could be better off financially by firing Manning even if they did not raise a single cent from the donors as they'd have increased ticket, concessions, and parking sales to offset the sunk cost of Manning's contract.

I'm possibly too optimistic about Currie but I think he's generally got a good idea of what almost certainly has to be done and how to proceed, so now he's just biding his time until he makes a move, likely at the end of the season.

You missed #3. The buyout was a rumor/myth to cover for something else.

Back