• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ALL PRAISE JOHN CURRIE FOR ACTING A YEAR TOO LATE

"posters are allowed to use curse words" However, not all curse words carry the same degree of harm. The deliberate unprovoked use of this demeaning sexual term of the crude, unrefined and uneducated is inappropriate and should not be used, ever. Sad that WF folks cannot express themselves thoughtfully without going into a sewer.

Fucking sad.

That's fine. Deal with it however you like, but there's no reason to continue to be pissed off that a new AD isn't firing a baskeball coach in May. We are on a restricted access highway, and barring unforseen circumstances, the next exit isn't coming up for several months. It doesn't matter how much you say you have to pee. We're not stopping.

Time for Currie to pull out the empty gatorade bottle!

"posters are allowed to use curse words" However, not all curse words carry the same degree of harm. The deliberate unprovoked use of this demeaning sexual term of the crude, unrefined and uneducated is inappropriate and should not be used, ever. Sad that WF folks cannot express themselves thoughtfully without going into a sewer.

What is this, Elizabethan England?

That's fine. Deal with it however you like, but there's no reason to continue to be pissed off that a new AD isn't firing a baskeball coach in May. We are on a restricted access highway, and barring unforseen circumstances, the next exit isn't coming up for several months. It doesn't matter how much you say you have to pee. We're not stopping.

Then don't act surprised when your carpet and seats get pissed on.

Manning's not getting fired before March 2020 and you people need to get the fuck over it.

This. Hopefully there was negotiations regarding the buyout that will make this process much cleaner, but this die was cast when Manning was announced as returning next year. It's done.

Then don't act surprised when your carpet and seats get pissed on.

You're welcome to show up at the high class Wake Forest function and publicly make an ass of yourself, but I'm guessing you'd rather just confine your vulgar and unhelpful invective to this message board.

Like most things in life, that is a choice.

Wake basketball is a man made disaster not an act of God over which no one has control.

Currie isn't going anywhere for a long time so everyone better get used to having him as Wake's AD.

He does need to address the rapid decline in the quality of cups at Wake sporting events the past 15 years.

One poster with an impeccable run of idiocy, so let's attribute it to everyone

Totally premature thread. Makes us look juvenile. The guy went to Wake and knows the importance of Wake basketball to the school's name recognition, status and tradition. He can't do anything about Manning right now. Please delete this thread.

I'm 100% with this post btw, but seriously, something posted on this board makes "us" look juvenile? Made me LOL

Currie does kind of look like a younger and slightly less creepier version of Wellman, so I say keep it up

FUCK YOU, JOHN CURRIE

Paul Hewitt and GT. I believe he had a 5 year contract that would automatically renew. It took a lot (at the time) to get out of it. I think they agreed to pay the buyout over time instead of all at once.

http://www.espn.com/blog/collegebas.../25806/jackets-finally-swallow-hewitts-buyout

GT thread on the buyout https://247sports.com/college/georg...s-Tech-finally-paid-off-Paul-Hewitt-53601792/

At least they got a National Championship game appearance for their troubles.

I could have sworn many of the people saying Currie can’t do anything now spent much of the last year saying Wes Miller would be a good replacement.

Wes is still available (along with several other coaches we’ve discussed) and Currie HAS to wait until next March?

Last edited:
Any more embarrassing than our flagship athletic program for the last decade? I think not.

What other program has ever been held hostage over a buyout? Fire the bastard (Manning, not Currie), don't pay him, let him sue for it, argue gross negligence in performance, and negotiate a settlement. This is complete garbage. What is the downside? And don't give the "tarnish our image in the coaching community" bullshit - our program cannot possibly get lower than it already is, and any coach worth a damn would be confident enough that he would win enough to avoid a repeat of this disaster.

I completely agree. Can’t be worse. Also in the court of public opinion who in their right mind could say DM shouldn’t be fired. No other athletic dept. in the NCAA would’ve allowed this - any of it.

Hatch and the powers that be are the real enemies. If we had for once acted normally and conducted an actual AD search and hadn't put in place this horrific setup where Wellman got to stay until May and was making decisions that would affect us moving forward, then sure, blame Currie. But that's not how things went down.

I don't respect him for taking the job under those circumstances, though I understand why he did and will at least give him time to see if he can succeed in spite of our admin

I can hold it, just make sure Leyritz isn't driving.

Back