• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ALL PRAISE JOHN CURRIE FOR ACTING A YEAR TOO LATE

I cannot believe you just compared Beilein to Manning. Other than the fact they have never been accused of cheating, they have absolutely nothing in common. Most importantly, one is an elite coach, especially defensively, and one is absolute trash, especially defensively.

Wildly reaching comparisons and absurd speculation based on them is sorta Bone's MO.

I cannot believe you just compared Beilein to Manning. Other than the fact they have never been accused of cheating, they have absolutely nothing in common. Most importantly, one is an elite coach, especially defensively, and one is absolute trash, especially defensively.

This is how the discussion gets dumbed down. I DIDN'Tt compare the two. Don't be the Liz Cheney of sports board posters - take shit totally out of context.

I am trying to understand why Manning wasn't fired. $18 million isn't a good enough answer to me. I don't even think it is the right number. You could fire Manning and promote Chill, as some have pointed out, if money is the issue and hire another assistant for $500,000.

There are only a handful of coaches who have consistently succeeded without one and done players. I mentioned three: Beilien, Jay Wright, and Tony Bennett. Manning, obviously, isn't on that list. The list is down one as of this week.

Coach K, a once successful coach on this list, bagged the whole development thing for a 5 one and doners per year. Why? What happens when one and done is donzo-ed? When will that happen? Why wasn't Will Wade fired and black balled?

That is so weird to think an AD wood make hiring and firing decisions for coaches.

Don't they know that is a figurehead position whose main responsibility is to wine and dine top donors to keep the dollars flowing.

huh huh, you said wood

The Women’s Golf thread is evidence that if we had a good women’s basketball program, people would follow it and attend games. We’ve been content to let the program underperform.

I agree that people would get somewhat excited about women's basketball if we were any good. Of course our awful women's basketball team plays during the same season as our awful men's basketball team and we only talk about the men. So if they were good at the same time, we'd obviously pay much more attention to the men.

Our men's tennis team won the National Championship and didn't even get a parade.

Anybody heard anything from this guy since he took over? Anybody? Is his name on a milk carton? Maybe he should make some kind of statement that he is indeed alive and working on straightening up the mess Wellman left our basketball programs in.

Anybody heard anything from this guy since he took over? Anybody? Is his name on a milk carton? Maybe he should make some kind of statement that he is indeed alive and working on straightening up the mess Wellman left our basketball programs in.
Taking selfies with WFUPD.

I've gotten at least 2 of his emails and he's active on all of his social media. Not to mention he's made all kinds of media rounds in the Triad and Charlotte. If you haven't seen him engaging the fanbase, it's because you aren't looking. He's been more active with the fans in 3 weeks than Wellman was ever.

His tie is approaching Trump territory.

Back