• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ALL PRAISE JOHN CURRIE FOR ACTING A YEAR TOO LATE

You missed #3. The buyout was a rumor/myth to cover for something else.
I haven't seen anyone refute the buyout concept reported from Goodman, who is generally very reliable with his info. The buyout could be complete BS but I still have not seen anyone with knowledge/connections actually call into question its validity.

I use lots of words on these boards. One that I almost never use is "source". I have here. Take that however you wish.

I use a lot of words on these boards. One that I almost never use is "absolute horseshit." I have here. Take that however you wish.

The fact that you are myopic,ignorant and without any access to anyone is your MO. Take that however you wish.

That you can't conceive of reality is not my concern. The position you, townie and others take out of ignorance and predisposition is about you not me. Keep your circle jerk going.

If the buyout is a ruse, its a ruse that creates the perception that our decision makers are incompetent.

The school just raised ONE BILLION DOLLARS in exchange for absolutely nothing, and incessantly sends emails gloating about it. How could anyone say with a straight face that money is the reason this sad sack of shit is still employed?

That you can't conceive of reality is not my concern. The position you, townie and others take out of ignorance and predisposition is about you not me. Keep your circle jerk going.

At least offer an alternate theory from your source/access that the buyout isn't a factor on Manning being our coach. Until then, I think I will believe Goodman over you. I will also believe a friend of mine who had dinner with Currie this summer. #weallhavesources

Just because I said it...got it...

You are beyond hope until you grow out of your irrational, immature, blind hatred.

That's cute that you think I care enough about you to hate you.

You've claimed something, with zero evidence, that directly contradicts a professional whose livelihood is based on correctly reporting information - why would you expect anyone to believe you?

I use lots of words on these boards. One that I almost never use is "source". I have here. Take that however you wish.

No you don't. You're a habitual liar. Stop.

Last edited:
I agree with you but there were two potentially viable rumors floating around (because very few people likely know what actually occurred last Spring):
1. WF raised some money but couldn't fully cover the huge buyout or make it financially viable without pulling funds from other sports, which WF didn't want to do, OR
2. WF had enough money to make a move but Wellman decided to keep Manning for one reason or another.

I personally think that if one of the above is actually true, it is the second one. But even in that case, Currie would have to leverage relationships with the bigger donors to reconfirm that he has enough money to make the move to fire Manning and pay enough to get a good coach.

This totally ignores the argument that WF could be better off financially by firing Manning even if they did not raise a single cent from the donors as they'd have increased ticket, concessions, and parking sales to offset the sunk cost of Manning's contract.

I'm possibly too optimistic about Currie but I think he's generally got a good idea of what almost certainly has to be done and how to proceed, so now he's just biding his time until he makes a move, likely at the end of the season.

I put my money on #2. Manning and the staff somehow convinced Wellman to give them one more year. As many have said, the money is there if you REALLY wanted to terminate someone. Like it or not, Manning and Wellman seemed to have a pretty tight relationship and understanding.

If the buyout is a ruse, its a ruse that creates the perception that our decision makers are incompetent.

True. Why would Wellman want to continue to be viewed as the horse's ass that gave Danny $18M guaranteed?

You missed #3. The buyout was a rumor/myth to cover for something else.

Apparently, I’ve been under this misconception this whole time that the buyout was too large at the time. I guess I was misinformed. So by all means, please do tell.

That's all there is to tell about the "buyout". It is and was a myth.

Back