• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ALL PRAISE JOHN CURRIE FOR ACTING A YEAR TOO LATE

Which period from the Prosser years do you want? I hope not the last two years where he went 32-33 overall & 8-24 in the ACC [good for last out of 12 & tied for 10th] We also lost to Cincinnati 73-58 in the first round of the NIT that next to last season. But if we can get the first four years that would be better. He went 94-35 & 44-20 in the ACC with 4 NCAA berths. [3 second rounds & a Sweet 16]

Prosser was turning it back around. Look what Dino did in his 3 years and imagine what Prosser could have done. Still probably would have had an NCAA flame out though. That's just expected being a Deac fan.

Prosser was turning it back around. Look what Dino did in his 3 years and imagine what Prosser could have done. Still probably would have had an NCAA flame out though. That's just expected being a Deac fan.

What would Prosser have done that Dino didn’t?

For as great of an individual as Skip was, he was actually a pretty average coach in terms of X’s and O’s. I’m not sure the results for that 3 year period would have been materially different.

For as great of an individual as Skip was, he was actually a pretty average coach in terms of X’s and O’s. I’m not sure the results for that 3 year period would have been materially different.

Prosser was a pretty good offensive coach. The defense was pretty good under Dino.

If it was all about X's and O's, REDACTED would have succeeded. Skip was a motivator.

You have to remember Point of Reference. There were about 7 Billion on the Earth at that time. Reff was the only one of those the Skip didn't like. If I hadn't seen Reff here, I wouldn't have believed there could be a person Skip wouldn't like or find something positive about. Reff proved me wrong.

So, please take his posts about Skip with an entire salt mine not just a grain of salt when reading his posts about Skip.

Is it possible that there were those in the administration that realized Wellman had taken so much heat over the DM situation that it would be best to wait a year, look for a good coach and let Currie make the hire without there being any chance of Wellman having any influence on the matter?

Wake Forest basketball has given me a headache for approaching a decade now.... :tard:

Is there any chance, any chance at all, that Currie finally does the deed and lets the mannequin go after the A&T game? There is 2 weeks in between that game and Pitt. That being said, I refuse to go to any Wake game as long as DM and his empty suit is aimlessly wandering the sideline. However, if he were let go and any of the remaining breathing souls on the bench were named interim I would be more willing to actually attend a game because there is hope of a decent hire...something Heaven's Yes would never be able to do.

Is there any chance, any chance at all, that Currie finally does the deed and lets the mannequin go after the A&T game? There is 2 weeks in between that game and Pitt. That being said, I refuse to go to any Wake game as long as DM and his empty suit is aimlessly wandering the sideline. However, if he were let go and any of the remaining breathing souls on the bench were named interim I would be more willing to actually attend a game because there is hope of a decent hire...something Heaven's Yes would never be able to do.

No.

I would strongly suggest that everyone adopt the mindset that Manning will be the coach until the end of this season and then be pleasantly surprised if something happens before then. Believing/hoping that he'll be fired mid-way through the season is a nice dream but will inevitably lead to just frustration as it's almost certainly not going to happen.

LIKELY TOTAL BS BELOW:
I have no information to back this up, but potentially there was an agreement after last season re his future, such as he got another year but the buyout terms were changed to more friendly to WF as a compromise. Or it simply just ticks another full year's worth of compensation off the buyout amount and March is the traditional time that most teams make coaching changes.

Last edited:
There is zero advantage in retaining Manning one more day. We all know how this ends. Just do it now.

Can this thread title be changed, at least until after the bowl game and preferably forever?

I would strongly suggest that everyone adopt the mindset that Manning will be the coach until the end of this season and then be pleasantly surprised if something happens before then. Believing/hoping that he'll be fired mid-way through the season is a nice dream but will inevitably lead to just frustration as it's almost certainly not going to happen.

LIKELY TOTAL BS BELOW:
I have no information to back this up, but potentially there was an agreement after last season re his future, such as he got another year but the buyout terms were changed to more friendly to WF as a compromise. Or it simply just ticks another full year's worth of compensation off the buyout amount and March is the traditional time that most teams make coaching changes.

Or the buyout story was a planted ruse.

There is zero advantage in retaining Manning one more day. We all know how this ends. Just do it now.

I'll play devil's advocate on this for a bit.

Manning fired now.

Rex Walters named interim coach. He proves to be more motivational than Danny. The team plays whole games with the kind of energy that they showed at the end of the game against NC State. Rotations are better, timeout use is more strategic, knee jerk "sit with two fouls" in first half is tempered. Etc.

Chill finds the emotion and drive to win that put a wad of gum into the Cameron seats. He is able to get some of that energy and emotion to come out in the play on the court.

Ernie wakes up and is able to impart some basketball knowledge.

Team develops a recognizable identity, both on offense and defense. Maybe match-up zone on D, Brandon actually hits Sarr with the pass on the pick n roll.

Team wins 9 games in ACC play, including plus one in tournament, followed by a close loss in the second. Just misses NCAA tournament (first four out)

That would make it hard to do anything beyond take the interim tag off Walters.

Last edited:
Back