• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ALL PRAISE JOHN CURRIE FOR ACTING A YEAR TOO LATE

Any more embarrassing than our flagship athletic program for the last decade? I think not.

What other program has ever been held hostage over a buyout? Fire the bastard (Manning, not Currie), don't pay him, let him sue for it, argue gross negligence in performance, and negotiate a settlement. This is complete garbage. What is the downside? And don't give the "tarnish our image in the coaching community" bullshit - our program cannot possibly get lower than it already is, and any coach worth a damn would be confident enough that he would win enough to avoid a repeat of this disaster.

Paul Hewitt and GT. I believe he had a 5 year contract that would automatically renew. It took a lot (at the time) to get out of it. I think they agreed to pay the buyout over time instead of all at once.

http://www.espn.com/blog/collegebas.../25806/jackets-finally-swallow-hewitts-buyout

GT thread on the buyout https://247sports.com/college/georg...s-Tech-finally-paid-off-Paul-Hewitt-53601792/

Doesn't really matter if it's not also locked. Creamy is now at the mercy of the head mod in charge, Biff.

As dumb and misguided as this thread is (very), I must leave it open as posters are allowed to use curse words and are free to criticize those in positions of power.

However, 2&2 should plan to skip the recrption around the corner from from his office on Thursday if this is how he feels.

Disagree. He should #MannUp and go. Maybe a stern lecture from an esteemed alumnus like 2&2 will get Currie to make the right choice.

I mean shit, Matta and Billy Donovan are available, and RJ mentioned they are legit options for Wake.

Disagree. He should #MannUp and go. Maybe a stern lecture from an esteemed alumnus like 2&2 will get Currie to make the right choice.

I mean shit, Matta and Billy Donovan are available, and RJ mentioned they are legit options for Wake.

I heard Billy D flew into Smith Reynolds on a private jet but left with no offer. His agent said he would go as low as $6 million a year for 10 years.

As someone who has been very #WellmanOut #ManningOut, I think this thread is premature. Give him 12 months and revisit then.

I though this board was incredibly lenient with Currie.

They gave him 6 days when it should have been done within 6 hours.

Donovan has a job and Matta still is getting paid.

Pretty sure almost all decent coaches are being payed when they get hired to their new position.

Matta is being paid to do nothing. If he takes a job, the checks stop.

As dumb and misguided as this thread is (very), I must leave it open as posters are allowed to use curse words and are free to criticize those in positions of power.

However, 2&2 should plan to skip the recrption around the corner from from his office on Thursday if this is how he feels.

Oh I'm definitely not going to participate in that AD propaganda festival. Fix the problem first, then throw the party.

"posters are allowed to use curse words" However, not all curse words carry the same degree of harm. The deliberate unprovoked use of this demeaning sexual term of the crude, unrefined and uneducated is inappropriate and should not be used, ever. Sad that WF folks cannot express themselves thoughtfully without going into a sewer.

"posters are allowed to use curse words" However, not all curse words carry the same degree of harm. The deliberate unprovoked use of this demeaning sexual term of the crude, unrefined and uneducated is inappropriate and should not be used, ever. Sad that WF folks cannot express themselves thoughtfully without going into a sewer.

Tough to discuss our basketball program without getting down where it currently lies.

Oh I'm definitely not going to participate in that AD propaganda festival. Fix the problem first, then throw the party.

Go there and make sure the propaganda isn’t heard. Tell Currie to fuck right off with that noise until he fires the coach.

Manning's not getting fired before March 2020 and you people need to get the fuck over it.

Don't know about getting the fuck over it, but probably at least worth accepting it and as a consequence completely ignoring Wake basketball at this point. That's where I'm at

Don't know about getting the fuck over it, but probably at least worth accepting it and as a consequence completely ignoring Wake basketball at this point. That's where I'm at

That's fine. Deal with it however you like, but there's no reason to continue to be pissed off that a new AD isn't firing a baskeball coach in May. We are on a restricted access highway, and barring unforseen circumstances, the next exit isn't coming up for several months. It doesn't matter how much you say you have to pee. We're not stopping.

Back