• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ALL PRAISE JOHN CURRIE FOR ACTING A YEAR TOO LATE

Regardless of who gets credit for what, Wellman’s announcing Clawson’s extension on his way out the door was a putz move. “Look at me! I’m powerful!” Let Currie do it (if he agrees with 8-year extension.)

This is a really dumb thread. Currie was dealt a shit hand at a shit time by a deflated AD. Let’s see what he does with it first before crucifying him. He’s been here officially for less than two weeks...

This is a really dumb thread. Currie was dealt a shit hand at a shit time by a deflated AD. Let’s see what he does with it first before crucifying him. He’s been here officially for less than two weeks...

Two hours should have been enough to become a hero. He had a no-lose play but decided to stand pat. He owns this year.

Two hours should have been enough to become a hero. He had a no-lose play but decided to stand pat. He owns this year.

There was literally nothing he could do. His official start date of 5/1 was meant to reinforce that. Wellman still owns this year for MBB.

He could still fire Manning. He could even hire a new coach. Miller and Matta were two of the board’s top options and they are still available.

He could still fire Manning. He could even hire a new coach. Miller and Matta were two of the board’s top options and they are still available.

I thought so too. Those seem like the decisions an AD would make.

Matta isn't going to coach anywhere as long as he is getting checks for not coaching. His checks continue through the 2019-2020 basketball season.

I like how so many of you guys think Currie today, Wellman yesterday, or anyone else in the athletic department at Wake is calling the shots on whether Manning gets fired or not.

Also, bump to keep this thread up top for the great optics!

That is so weird to think an AD wood make hiring and firing decisions for coaches.

Don't they know that is a figurehead position whose main responsibility is to wine and dine top donors to keep the dollars flowing.

I like how so many of you guys think Currie today, Wellman yesterday, or anyone else in the athletic department at Wake is calling the shots on whether Manning gets fired or not.

Yea, because there are so many gazing eyes looking at the irrelevant wake basketball program. Only the sad souls holding out hope remain.

You finally get that hot tub session with Wellman you so desire, now that he's retired?

That is so weird to think an AD wood make hiring and firing decisions for coaches.

Don't they know that is a figurehead position whose main responsibility is to wine and dine top donors to keep the dollars flowing.
Head of Departments of corporations have some autonomy but they are still subject to oversight particularly when it regards Financial obligations.

The one piece of data which I think is interesting is beilien going to Cleveland because he became frustrated w the college system.

I'm not saying this is why manning wasn't fired, but the landscape is shifting and it is unclear what the outcome will be.

There are a number of articles I have read/skimmed that lament beilien leaving for the NBA, and consider it a "dark day" or "bad sign."

Beilien is considered a clean coach - as is manning. Of course, beilien has succeeded at along w jay wright and Tony Bennett. The number of coaches succeeding without recruiting one and dones is dwindling.

The one piece of data which I think is interesting is beilien going to Cleveland because he became frustrated w the college system.

I'm not saying this is why manning wasn't fired, but the landscape is shifting and it is unclear what the outcome will be.

There are a number of articles I have read/skimmed that lament beilien leaving for the NBA, and consider it a "dark day" or "bad sign."

Beilien is considered a clean coach - as is manning. Of course, beilien has succeeded at along w jay wright and Tony Bennett. The number of coaches succeeding without recruiting one and dones is dwindling.

Well Manning has the distinction of recruiting a one and done and still sucking ass.

I cannot believe you just compared Beilein to Manning. Other than the fact they have never been accused of cheating, they have absolutely nothing in common. Most importantly, one is an elite coach, especially defensively, and one is absolute trash, especially defensively.

Head of Departments of corporations have some autonomy but they are still subject to oversight particularly when it regards Financial obligations.

Then the Hatch needs to take responsibility when the Head of Departments agree to financially debilitating contracts.

Back