• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ALL PRAISE JOHN CURRIE FOR ACTING A YEAR TOO LATE

No way. Shorty is doing good work. It’s interesting that some of the loudest voices have gone quiet once he asked them to back up their claims.

Back up what claims? That they’re pissed off that the basketball team sucks? It’s a fucking message board man.

I hate the phrase, but 2&2 is definitely living in y’all’s heads rent free. He’s got y’all all shook up.

Back up what claims? That they’re pissed off that the basketball team sucks? It’s a fucking message board man.

I hate the phrase, but 2&2 is definitely living in y’all’s heads rent free. He’s got y’all all shook up.

Um, no. 2 and 2 is a fucking cartoon character at this point. His posts are comedy relief.

But he’s talking a big game about sending emails expressing his anger and displeasure. But totally can’t back it up when asked. Nothing more ridiculous than the message board tough guy. Except one who also has literally no awareness to what’s going on in the world around him.

Um, no. 2 and 2 is a fucking cartoon character at this point. His posts are comedy relief.

But he’s talking a big game about sending emails expressing his anger and displeasure. But totally can’t back it up when asked. Nothing more ridiculous than the message board tough guy. Except one who also has literally no awareness to what’s going on in the world around him.

And his board name is a trigger for long-suffering Braves fans. That by itself is reason enough to put him on ignore.

And his board name is a trigger for long-suffering Braves fans. That by itself is reason enough to put him on ignore.

I was at that game. I have never had a problem with Leyritz. He simply hit the pitch Wohlers threw him. When I think back on that inning, I think of the ground ball Rafael Belliard bobbled prior to the Leyritz atbat that should have resulted in a DP and ended the inning.

Where is today’s “Fuck you, John Currie” message from 2&2? Come on, dude. Your daily inspirationals are so important to the overall effort.

Also, I’m sending you my personal email address via PM. Please forward me the message(s) you’ve sent to Currie. I may want to re-forward them including my own thoughts.

Hey man, Governor Cooper tells me I'm essential, I don't have time to monitor this message board all day. But fuck you, John Currie, happy Friday!

I was at that game. I have never had a problem with Leyritz. He simply hit the pitch Wohlers threw him. When I think back on that inning, I think of the ground ball Rafael Belliard bobbled prior to the Leyritz atbat that should have resulted in a DP and ended the inning.

Speaking of Jim Leyritz, I ran across this bit of info that I didn't know:

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sp...agedy-has-made-jim-leyritz-stronger/93089454/

In spite of this Board's excuse du jour that no coaching moves can/will happen during the Kung Flu, Texas just hired away Mississippi State's women's basketball coach. But keep giving Currie a pass on his incompetence. Fuck you, John Currie, you useless sack of shit!

In spite of this Board's excuse du jour that no coaching moves can/will happen during the Kung Flu, Texas just hired away Mississippi State's women's basketball coach. But keep giving Currie a pass on his incompetence. Fuck you, John Currie, you useless sack of shit!

LOL. First off equating women's basketball in college athletics and men's basketball, come on man. One sport makes no money, the other is the second largest sport for revenues in the entire NCAA. Beyond the silliness of this statement, Texas had no buyout of their women's coach. They spent $0 dollars to get rid of their coach. Big, fat, ZERO. They hired an Austin native who may be taking a pay cut to move back there. Say something when a P5 coach who had a multi-million dollar buyout gets fired and replaced. Until then it's apples and oranges.

2 & 2 beat me to it, I was just going to post that about Texas hiring away a highly successful head coach from another major conference. So somebody out there is actually doing some work.

LOL. First off equating women's basketball in college athletics and men's basketball, come on man. One sport makes no money, the other is the second largest sport for revenues in the entire NCAA. Beyond the silliness of this statement, Texas had no buyout of their women's coach. They spent $0 dollars to get rid of their coach. Big, fat, ZERO. They hired an Austin native who may be taking a pay cut to move back there. Say something when a P5 coach who had a multi-million dollar buyout gets fired and replaced. Until then it's apples and oranges.

Fucking logic.

it may be a reach, but it does show that there is an athletic director out there trying to make his school have a better team by hiring a new coach and there are coaches out there willing to make a move, even in this environment.

You all are burying the lede. Karen Aston. She was 184-83 (93-51) in 8 seasons. 1-18 of that is just vs. Baylor which was arguably the #2 program of the last decade. There is a former Elite Eight coach who won 65% of her games in a major conference just sitting around. I don't know who she pissed off, but Currie needs to give her a call.

By the way, they just let her go by letting her contract run out without an extension. She still managed to sign two ESPN Top 100 recruits and two others.
https://texassports.com/news/2019/11/13/womens-basketball-signs-five-for-2020-21.aspx

Columbia grad transfer Tape has recommitted to Duke. What's the O/U for his next change?

Keep moving those goal posts. And what is preventing us from being the first? Excuse-makers, enablers, and pussies, that is what we are. I guess the real question is when does it go from Fuck Ron Wellman and Fuck John Currie to Fuck Our Fanbase. We have to be almost there, we are becoming the primary cause of this shitshow.

How many P5 coaches with multi-million dollar buyouts are at risk of being fired and replaced?

This confirms what others have said; he's trolling and just trying to get a reaction (mission accomplished). Just as he'd never have the balls to say this to an Asian, in spite of his claims to the contrary he's not had the balls to email or otherwise contact Currie using his own name.
So now count me among the 2&2 skidoo crowd.

Yes, it is trolling to expect our Athletic Director, after 11 months on the job, to have fired arguably the worst coach in major college basketball history. You cracked the case, Sherlock.

Back