• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ALL PRAISE JOHN CURRIE FOR ACTING A YEAR TOO LATE

2&2 Slider To Leyritz

Reaction score
Inspired by the other thread, let's get it rolling. Motherfucker has been here 6 days and Manning still has not been fired. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss. Eat a dick, you bastard.

Last edited:

Understanding something and actually being able to do something about it are two separate things. What does he think Manning can do this season that he hasn't been able to do in the last 5?

Beating somebody like Clemson would be a start. Having not beaten them in 5 years is inexcusable among other things.

Totally premature thread. Makes us look juvenile. The guy went to Wake and knows the importance of Wake basketball to the school's name recognition, status and tradition. He can't do anything about Manning right now. Please delete this thread.

I mean. He definitely can do something about Manning but he isn’t going to given the circumstances.

Embarrassing.

Any more embarrassing than our flagship athletic program for the last decade? I think not.

What other program has ever been held hostage over a buyout? Fire the bastard (Manning, not Currie), don't pay him, let him sue for it, argue gross negligence in performance, and negotiate a settlement. This is complete garbage. What is the downside? And don't give the "tarnish our image in the coaching community" bullshit - our program cannot possibly get lower than it already is, and any coach worth a damn would be confident enough that he would win enough to avoid a repeat of this disaster.

As someone who has been very #WellmanOut #ManningOut, I think this thread is premature. Give him 12 months and revisit then.

Totally premature thread. Makes us look juvenile. The guy went to Wake and knows the importance of Wake basketball to the school's name recognition, status and tradition. He can't do anything about Manning right now. Please delete this thread.

+1

What other program has ever been held hostage over a buyout?

Not to excuse it in any way, shape or form given how galatically dumb it was for Ron to give Danny the contract/buyout he did, but it does happen. A couple current examples from the Big Ten in football would be Rutgers (https://www.app.com/story/sports/co...gers-football-pat-hobbs-chris-ash/2076909002/) and Illinois (https://www.chicagotribune.com/spor...-smith-contract-extension-20181125-story.html)

Wow. Fucking pathetic, 2&2.

Until this thread is locked and off the front page, I will never post on these forums again. I hope the mods take care of this.

Man, way to give someone a chance. God this board has some real douches

Any more embarrassing than our flagship athletic program for the last decade? I think not.

What other program has ever been held hostage over a buyout? Fire the bastard (Manning, not Currie), don't pay him, let him sue for it, argue gross negligence in performance, and negotiate a settlement. This is complete garbage. What is the downside? And don't give the "tarnish our image in the coaching community" bullshit - our program cannot possibly get lower than it already is, and any coach worth a damn would be confident enough that he would win enough to avoid a repeat of this disaster.

Yes, it’s way more embarrassing to act like this than to deal with our alma mater’s incompetent handling of the basketball program

Pretty sure Creamy just RChill'ed himself into a corner here on the ole "Discuss Wake Forest Athletics. Freely." boards. Might want to take that one back real quick.

Last edited:
Pretty sure Creamy just pulled a RChill'ed himself into a corner here on the ole "Discuss Wake Forest Athletics. Freely." boards. Might want to take that one back real quick.

tough to do that from his high horse

Back