• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ALL PRAISE JOHN CURRIE FOR ACTING A YEAR TOO LATE

It's not a binary choice between caring about coronavirus crisis or basketball. We are all humans capable of complex and even complicated thoughts and feelings. Pretending it's one or the other is just another way that some are making excuses for our inept athletic leadership.

You want Manning fired so that means you dont give a shit about Coronavirus, how dare you???

Everybody wants Manning fired. You have to be a fucking idiot if you don't realize that coronavirus has changed the financial situation of the athletic department and there is huge uncertainty regarding the athletic budget next year. You also have to be a fucking idiot if you think that Currie could have fired Manning day one at the office.

Also you for years claimed to have sources and you don't know jack shit.

It's not a binary choice between caring about coronavirus crisis or basketball. We are all humans capable of complex and even complicated thoughts and feelings. Pretending it's one or the other is just another way that some are making excuses for our inept athletic leadership.

Just like it’s not a binary choice between posting from the lunatic fringe or wanting to retain Manning. You act like if someone’s not making “fuck everyone” posts like some sort of deranged obsessive-compulsive, that person is a automatically a Manning/Wellman/Currie apologist.

Everyone wants Manning gone. Some are just more realistic about it.

What Hatch should have said is that, in light of the current situation, the $3 million/year, or whatever it is, that we currently pay to the worst coach in college basketball history will not be paid to him but instead will be paid to our hourly employees who need it significantly more. Similarly, his buyout will not be paid but will be spread amongst the nurses working at the hospital. Manning is fired, the courts are not open for bullshit claims like this, he can come fight it sometime in the future should his NBA millions not be enough for him, and he can go fuck himself. And so can John Currie.

What Hatch should have said is that, in light of the current situation, the $3 million/year, or whatever it is, that we currently pay to the worst coach in college basketball history will not be paid to him but instead will be paid to our hourly employees who need it significantly more. Similarly, his buyout will not be paid but will be spread amongst the nurses working at the hospital. Manning is fired, the courts are not open for bullshit claims like this, he can come fight it sometime in the future should his NBA millions not be enough for him, and he can go fuck himself. And so can John Currie.

Problem solved! Send Hatch a note outlining your plan. But if I were you, I’d send it anonymously.

So in addition to having to pay the buyout plus interest we can also pay for Danny Manning's lawyers?

anyone who thinks Hatch gives a shit about basketball this month is delusional. Anyone who thinks Hatch SHOULD give a shit about basketball this month is delusional. Hatch is doing exactly what he should be doing - managing a large company through a crisis. Basketball is probably somewhere in the 200 range on his list of things to worry about. He needs to be making sure the staff gets paid; that students continue to get the education they paid for; that our facilities are taken care of; that faculty is able to continue to do the work that makes Wake Forest a well-respected institution of higher learning. I want Manning gone but there's no way Hatch is going to give a shit, and that's good.

Anyone who thinks Hatch has gave a shit about bball the last 11 years is delusional.

We know that Hatch doesn't give a shit, but I think a lot of us were surprised that Currie doesn't give a shit either.

We know that Hatch doesn't give a shit, but I think a lot of us were surprised that Currie doesn't give a shit either.

Wow, talk about a binary choice. Currie fires Manning - he gives a shit. Currie hasn't fired Manning - he doesn't give a shit. I thought "we are all humans capable of complex and even complicated thoughts and feelings."

I guess that's not the case when it comes to Wake basketball.

Currie has done nothing to do with wrecking our program. Only knee jerk morons don't understand Currie's position at this point.

Don’t know about the knee-jerking qualification, but RJ’s otherwise right. Lot of folks legitimately to blame (a presently-pending university president, a now thankfully-former AD, and absolutely everyone who was on the Board of Trustees who voted for the contract extension), but Currie ain’t on the list. Let’s focus, folks, and get a grip.
It would be interesting to know who, if anyone, on the Board voted against it.

So Manning is back for year 7, i wonder what excuse the Currie lovers will make when he’s back for year 8.

So Manning is back for year 7, i wonder what excuse the Currie lovers will make when he’s back for year 8.

We need a neighborhood surveillance group on Currie and Manning’s streets. I’m kind of afraid bigboy8 might show up if something doesn’t happen soon.

FUCK YOU, JOHN CURRIE

We are looking at the real possibility of Currie being on the job for 24 months and basketball being in an even worse position than the day Currie was hired. I’m not sure many of us envisioned that when we heard the news that wellman was stepping down.( this is still hypothetical of course, but damn)

Yep. And somehow people are still arguing we would have been better off firing him during the season or even last May.

I really thought Currie was hired to clean up the bball mess, SMH i was wrong. It could realistically be another 6-7 years before we sniff the NCAA Tourny or even be a competitive again.

Yep. And somehow people are still arguing we would have been better off firing him during the season or even last May.

How would we be better off? The goal isn’t getting rid of Manning (see firing Bz). The goal is getting a championship caliber coach. Do you think we would have hired an interim or been able to get a big name?

BabyDeac has said Currie was brought in to clean up the mess and wants to fire Manning. I am not sure why people are questioning his desire to do so. He needs the resources and opportunity to hire that championship-caliber coach. Just firing Danny isn’t good enough.
If we know the primary obstacle is $, why don’t the bigboys saying “fu” step up and give him the coin to get it done. Otherwise, they are just a bunch of losers waiting for others to get things done for them.

Back