• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2019 Preakness Thread

Stan Gable

Reaction score
It's never too early to start talking about a race that is two weeks away. But, before we talk horses, I'll share my favorite black eye susan recipe.

Ingredients
3/4 cup orange juice.
1/2 cup pineapple juice.
3 tablespoons vodka.
3 tablespoons light rum.
2 tablespoons orange liqueur.
Crushed ice.
Garnishes: lime slices, fresh cherries.

Last edited:
Waiting for our resident toilet expert to chime in.....

ginger-kid-preakness-run-o.gif

I'm betting my country house on Country House!

Saw this on another thread!!

As of today, this looks like the field. I think there may be a couple more added.

mprobable 2-1
War of Will 3-1
Alwaysmining 8-1
Anothertwistafate 9-1
Owendale 10-1
Game Winner 10-1
Bourbon War 10-1
Mr. Money 10-1
Sueno 14-1
Signalman 14-1
Bodexpress 16-1
Roadster 16-1
Laughing Fox 18-1

If Roadster and Game Winner are at those kind of odds, it will be hard to skip them. Don't sleep on Anothertwistafate.

Of all the popular sports* horse racing is the dumbest to me. Bunch of rich entitled kids drinking over priced cocktails, competing to see who can wear the douchiest outfit, while they watch dwarfs beat poor animals around a track for two minutes. Hard pass bros.

*Horses running is probably not a sport.

That’s just the big races. Go to Aqueduct during the week and report back what you see.

Of all the popular sports* horse racing is the dumbest to me. Bunch of rich entitled kids drinking over priced cocktails, competing to see who can wear the douchiest outfit, while they watch dwarfs beat poor animals around a track for two minutes. Hard pass bros.

*Horses running is probably not a sport.

Feeling passionate about a sport that literally kills kids every year and leaves the majority with permanent injuries seems worse to me.

Saw this on another thread!!

As of today, this looks like the field. I think there may be a couple more added.

mprobable 2-1
War of Will 3-1
Alwaysmining 8-1
Anothertwistafate 9-1
Owendale 10-1
Game Winner 10-1
Bourbon War 10-1
Mr. Money 10-1
Sueno 14-1
Signalman 14-1
Bodexpress 16-1
Roadster 16-1
Laughing Fox 18-1

If Roadster and Game Winner are at those kind of odds, it will be hard to skip them. Don't sleep on Anothertwistafate.

Is this field official? I think Baffert is going to run Improbable in the Preakness but save Roadster and Game Winner for the Belmont

Feeling passionate about a sport that literally kills kids every year and leaves the majority with permanent injuries seems worse to me.

I agree. Kid hunting should be outlawed.

Here are the updated odds (it will change again when the post positions are drawn):

With all others anticipated at double digit prices, here’s a look at the early morning line for the Preakness Stakes’ prospective field of 11:

Preakness Stakes Contenders
Horse Projected odds
Improbable 3-1
War of Will 7-2
Alwaysmining 5-1
Bourbon War 6-1
Owendale 6-1
Anothertwistafate 10-1
Win Win Win 10-1
Signalman 15-1
Laughing Fox 20-1
Warrior's Charge 20-1
Bodexpress 30-1

It looks like Baffert won't be sending Game Winner or Roadster to Pimlico.

Back