• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Shop

TheTwinAndreBen

3 stacks
Reaction score
Can we talk about the nonsense that is www.wakeforestshop.com ?

I know we are entering the summer season which is probably deadstock time for them, but if you search jerseys on the site, the only jerseys that are available are are a Kendall Hinton #2 jersey and a #48 jersey. That is Willie Yarbary who is a DL. No one is listed for that # in 2019.

There are zero basketball jerseys available for purchase. Tons of underarmour garbage (Dads, dont buy your kids underarmour)

Especially since we arent a big fanbase and therefore this stuff is not available on other bigger sites (or anywhere), it's just weird to me that they dont always have retro CP3 and Duncan jerseys available to purchase, yet someone greenlighted this, which looks like it should be available at a Tijuana flea market for $0.75

thumb.aspx

This is why I'm all for Currie trying to start a bidding war with Adidas and Under Armour, who are always looking to poach Nike P5 schools. We are one of the lowest paid schools Nike has in the ACC ($3million/year), and when it comes to stocking our school with desirable merchandise they also don't give a shit. That has been somewhat obvious for years. Make Nike step their game up or go to someone that appreciates Wake Forest's business. Not sure when the Nike contract expires, but if I were Currie not too far down the list from firing Manning I'd have explore new shoe/apparel contract. Louisville gets $16 million a year from Adidas, and UCLA gets $18 million a year from Under Armour. If Wake can get even half those numbers per year it would be a win, and we might have some decent uniforms to purchase year to year that actually have numbers on them of current players.

This is why I'm all for Currie trying to start a bidding war with Adidas and Under Armour, who are always looking to poach Nike P5 schools. We are one of the lowest paid schools Nike has in the ACC ($3million/year), and when it comes to stocking our school with desirable merchandise they also don't give a shit. That has been somewhat obvious for years. Make Nike step their game up or go to someone that appreciates Wake Forest's business. Not sure when the Nike contract expires, but if I were Currie not too far down the list from firing Manning I'd have explore new shoe/apparel contract. Louisville gets $16 million a year from Adidas, and UCLA gets $18 million a year from Under Armour. If Wake can get even half those numbers per year it would be a win, and we might have some decent uniforms to purchase year to year that actually have numbers on them of current players.

The Wake Tennis team has awesome Nike geer. Wish you could get their shirts.

The Wake Tennis team has awesome Nike geer. Wish you could get their shirts.

Agreed. I was just about to post this. Tennis gear, warm up gear for the other teams, etc. seems to never be available. Yet terrible items like the ones above are. I would guess having brands like Nike, UA, and Peter Millar provide a lower profit margin than the garbage WFU is trying to come up with and sell as a home brand version? I just don't get it.

The soccer kits are awesome as well but cannot buy them anywhere.

A player who literally changed the way the basketball is played signed a contract with them and they developed a nursing shoe for him:

575ae5a51500002b00739e30.jpeg

I mean, he is on his feet all day. Maybe they just misunderstood what playing scrubs meant.

Baggy long sleeved shirts with oversized writing across the back seem very popular with Southern sorority girl types. I see them a lot, especially at the beach.

Baggy long sleeved shirts with oversized writing across the back seem very popular with Southern sorority girl types. I see them a lot, especially at the beach.

They were popular three years ago. Any remaining shirts should be burned.

Another in a long list of items that were neglected and/or mismanaged by the previous admin. The Deac Shop has been lame for many years now. I am down to almost no Wake gear and the stuff I have is pretty poor quality. Let's see if Currie will put this problem on his to-do list.

Back