• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Shop

Another in a long list of items that were neglected and/or mismanaged by the previous admin. The Deac Shop has been lame for many years now. I am down to almost no Wake gear and the stuff I have is pretty poor quality. Let's see if Currie will put this problem on his to-do list.

Yeah. I have seen better gear in the Davidson shop on campus than in the Wake Forest store. Our size isn't the issue.

A player who literally changed the way the basketball is played signed a contract with them and they developed a nursing shoe for him:

575ae5a51500002b00739e30.jpeg

I could definitely see myself working the grill in those things.

I wonder if Nike gives you a lot more cool shit to sell if you sign over a lot of the cash to them, like operations of your store and stuff? I'm guessing our contract just kind of sucks and they give us some cash and performance gear for sports, but if we wanted the next tier they'd want more control of how they moved it and more of a cut.

Like, Wake may have shit gear now but get all the profit. I don't know, man.

We should have cooler stuff, regardless.

I do know that Wake is really tight with their licensing rights. Over the years I have run across several small retailers that have neat products but never carry Wake stuff (but have several colleges) because Wake only gives es out a handful of licenses a year. At least that is what I am told.

I went to the Deacon Shop on campus last fall for the first time in several years and was actually impressed with the brands they had in there - at least for golf wear (polos, pullovers, etc.). They had Peter Millar, Johnnie-O, Vineyard Vines, etc. Of course the footprint of the store is pretty small, so everything feels crammed in there. And it's probably hit or miss on finding your size in something you like.

I doubt anybody is complaining that Wake lacks clothing for OWGs.

Seriously. I am not about to drop $100 -$200 on a dress shirt with a tiny embroidered Deacon head. I need some affordable, good looking every day gear that I can rep my school with. It's almost like Wake doesn't want wide spread branding.

I agree that the selection is a lot better than it was 10-15 years ago. Problem I have is they're always sold out of Men's Large in anything that actually looks good when I go in there.

The selection on sweatshirts and their design left a lot to be desired the last time I shopped. I probably would have dropped $50 to $80 on a decent looking sweatshirt but left emptyhanded.

The first floor of UNC's "Student Stores" is basically a Nike paraphernalia/propaganda hell hole now, so be careful what you wish for, but I bet you can find all sorts of awesome Nike gear there in all sizes.

The first floor of UNC's "Student Stores" is basically a Nike paraphernalia/propaganda hell hole now, so be careful what you wish for, but I bet you can find all sorts of awesome Nike gear there in all sizes.

I can get a better looking Duke sweatshirt at Dick's than I can get a Wake Forest sweatshirt at the Deacon Shop.

My pet peeve about WFU merch is when they manage to get two different colors of "old gold" on the same garment. Drives me nuts and won't buy it or wear it if it's given to me. Like this item which may actually have three different "old golds":

thumb.aspx

Yeah, there are three things that would keep me from buying that hoodie without even bothering to see if they have it in my size or if it fits.

1. Accent color in the hood liner. Stupid looking.
2. Demon Deacons on the hood. Stupid looking.
3. Wake Forest and WF on the front. Repetitive and repetitive and redundant.

Not a fan of the giant Wake Forest lettering either.

Seems like none of our gear is in the sweet spot between yelling WAKE! FOREST! and referencing the school/nickname incredibly subtly

My pet peeve about WFU merch is when they manage to get two different colors of "old gold" on the same garment. Drives me nuts and won't buy it or wear it if it's given to me. Like this item which may actually have three different "old golds":

thumb.aspx

Who approves crap like this? The WF and Wake Forest on the front is so bad.

Gotta make sure you show the everything is "TM", too (in three different shades of Old Gold) :noidea:

I've wanted a nice looking Wake baseball jersey for years, and just gave up looking.

Back