• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Rule Changes For The 2019-20 MBB Season - 3 point line moving back

Pilchard

Reaction score
Looks like the NCAA will:

- Move the 3 point line back to the FIBA line (this was used in the NIT this past year)
- Reset the shotclock to 20 seconds when a missed shot hits the rim and is rebounded by the offensive team
- Call a Flagrant 2 and ejection for racial, religious, sexual orientation comments directed toward an opponent
- Allow coaches to call time-out in the last two minutes of each half an OT (presently only players can call TOs)
- Expand replay to allow for review of goal-tending calls in the last two minutes.

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-men/article/2019-05-10/proposal-would-extend-3-point-line-mens-basketball

Last edited:
Oh man, we're not going to have a 3-point shooter over 29%.

I'm confident our coaching staff will take these changes into account as they develop the strateg...nope, can't even pretend

Those look like good rules. Moving back the three point line will definitely hurt us.

Those look like good rules. Moving back the three point line will definitely hurt us.

Might help the defense. We never guarded the 3 point line so now they have a slightly harder open shot to make.

What you all seem to be forgetting is Brandon Childress believes he is the best shooter every time he steps into the gym, and Mike Wynn can shoot the piss out of the ball.

Despite results to the contrary, I like Wynn's stroke. Kept expecting him to have a freak game where he hit 5 of 6 from deep, but never saw that day.

The NBA needs to move the three point line back a few feet.

I wanted the foul reset rule from the NIT

This. Most important rule to include was moving to quarters so you'd never spend an entire final 10 minutes of a game with both teams in the bonus. Sucks.

This. Most important rule to include was moving to quarters so you'd never spend an entire final 10 minutes of a game with both teams in the bonus. Sucks.

Yep, every other level of basketball uses quarters except for men's college. Go figure?

Why are there still jump-balls to start the game and OTs? Just let the visiting team take the ball out at the starts and then pick up with the alternating possession rules as are now used. In the shot clock era, who has the first possession has become irrelevant. The only interesting development off a jump ball opening a half I ever recall was an ODU game when Kermit Washington was playing. Some kid, and I can't even recall which team he was on, at the start of the second half forgot which basket was his, chased down the tip and went in for an uncontested layup, putting his team down another 2 points. The body language of his teammates was priceless.

Our 3-point shooting percentage is going to be 25%.

Back