• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Does anyone else have this recurring Wake-related dream?

guitardeac

Reaction score
I swear I have this one a few times a month. I am at Wake, exams are about to start and I realize I signed up for a class and completely forgot about it and never went to it. My wife went to Wake and she has the exact same recurring dream. So it made me wonder - do you guys have this one? Is it a Wake/stress thing? As in damn that place was hard, and I still have nightmares about it some 30 years later?

I have a recurring dream where Ron Wellman fucked every Wake fan I know in the ass for about 10 years straight. Then he tag-teamed in John Currie to keep the train going.

I have had that dream or a similar dream, but not as often as I used to
When I was in grad school (at night, still worked full time) it was frequent. (I'd guess approximately weekly or a couple times a month)

That’s a pretty common stress dream. I used to have them as a student. As a professor, I dream it’s the end of the semester and I have a class to teach that I haven’t shown up for. Usually it’s calculus.

Yes I still have that exact dream occasionally. Probably a common anxiety dream for anyone who went to college

I have that dream about my undergraduate days (not at Wake). I had a Wake dream last week that I was going back to law school but was going to be living in Efird (which I don't think I've ever even set foot in). The dream ended with me walking my dog in downtown Winston trying to find the way back to campus.

I swear I have this one a few times a month. I am at Wake, exams are about to start and I realize I signed up for a class and completely forgot about it and never went to it. My wife went to Wake and she has the exact same recurring dream. So it made me wonder - do you guys have this one? Is it a Wake/stress thing? As in damn that place was hard, and I still have nightmares about it some 30 years later?

Not a Wake stress thing. I went to a shitty directional school and have the exact same dream. I say I have it at least once a month if not more.

the dream is pretty common among professionals...if you do some googling you can find some cool papers about it. forgot about the class all year; can't find the class room; can't get to the exam in time, etc.

Checking in for the occasional ‘can’t make X in time’ dreams. I’ve missed a soccer match (even though I haven’t played in a dozen years), a flight, and numerous exams.

Yep, have had this dream for years. Another one (as recently as last night, though this particular one was not set on campus) is being buck-nekkid in normal situations such as sitting in class, and everyone around you is fully clothed and oblivious to your nekkadidity.

I also have had this dream for years. Exact same concept, enrolled in a college course that I forgot about it and now it is exams time.

Weekly in my 20's and early 30's, maybe once or twice a year now.

Wake exams were hard and stressful....my state school buddies did everything via multiple choice/scantron. It helped in lawschool when most people were taking their first written exam, and I was like "Hello bluebook my old friend, I've come to talk to you again...."

Weekly in my 20's and early 30's, maybe once or twice a year now.
."
Me, too. Pretty sure I'll now have that dream or a related one in the next few days. Related dreams that I've had are oversleeping for an exam or going to the exam and there's nobody there because the room was changed and I forgot where it is now (my daughter actually lived both of those in real life over one final). Sometimes I dream I'm back in HS and don't remember where my locker is or can't remember the combination.

I've been out of Wake 20 years and I still have that dream several times a year.

Back