• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

FUCK YOU, NATHAN HATCH

Hatch and/or the BOT wouldn't have to approve a firing if we didn't make a ridiculous extension offer (Ron).

Heard a rumor the other day that Hatch was retiring at the end of this month so I'll be interested to see how this thread ages. I'd be as surprised as anyone else if that ends up being true, though.

I don't know anything and I don't vouch for it so don't start PMing me.

I seriously doubt he’d retire without a replacement ready to go.

I seriously doubt he’d retire without a replacement ready to go.

Provost Rogan Kersh??

If so, I was his Huffman RA at Wake in the mid '80's, so maybe he'll listen to me about fixing our bball disaster. :thumbsup:

That would be my guess. Hiring a new AD then President back to back without a national search seems suspect though.

Maybe just an announcement of his retirement (June 30, 2020--a logical guess)...

Maybe just an announcement of his retirement (June 30, 2020--a logical guess)...

This would make more sense. The Wake Will Lead money raising campaign is supposed to conclude in 2020. That will be the crowning achievement of Hatch's tenure as president of Wake Forest.

So announcing Hatch's retirement soon allows for about a year of nationwide search for a new president for Wake. And for Hatch to take a final bow when Wake Will Lead hits the $1 billion target.

So Wake has $1 billion dollars in basically found money that was simply given to it out of the blue, but won't spend (at most what is rumored) 1.8% of that to fix its national face? Fuck this motherfucker even harder. That is like me winning the lottery but not wanting to spend any of the proceeds to fix my septic tank leaking and spilling raw sewage in my front yard; I'll wait until next year when excavation costs come down.

Last edited:
How the hell is our endowment only $1.3 billion if we have raised $800 million in the Wake Will campaign?

So who was fired for mismanaging the endowment during a period in which our peer institutions grew their endowments?

I am ALL IN on this thread. Hatch is the straw that stirs the drink of the vast majority of problems at Wake and will remain so. I have heard he is going to make it even tougher for players qualifying to get in to Wake and I think Coleman may be the first example of that. Why would he want to have tougher requirements than Duke or UVa., I will never understand. While I agree Wake should sell its academics to kids and parents, why do so and destroy your chances in sports in the process? FIRE HATCH

Do you think there is a chance Hatch is raising the standards as a reaction to the pay for admittance scandal wake volleyball was caught up in?

So who was fired for mismanaging the endowment during a period in which our peer institutions grew their endowments?

The traitor of Wakeyleaks also worked for the financial management company that handles Wake's endowment.

Do you think there is a chance Hatch is raising the standards as a reaction to the pay for admittance scandal wake volleyball was caught up in?

Don't think so, it is more the "vision" Hatch has of Wake being an Ivy league like school. You know, great academics and shitty major sports?

Don't think so, it is more the "vision" Hatch has of Wake being an Ivy league like school. You know, great academics and shitty major sports?

Hatch is a big part of the problem at Wake. He has done little to help athletics. He could have done a lot. After all, he is the BOSS. More endowment monies could have helped more "needy" students attend Wake. We need a better representation there. It's time for him to take his paycheck and move on. Let's find a president more interested in serving people and the classroom of athletics.

Back