• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

FUCK YOU, NATHAN HATCH

Find another program to degrade. Notre Dame and Wake Forest are not enough.

I suggest Duke as your last stop before retirement.

Just asking, but is there something he recently did that brought this up again, or is it just general malaise?

Response to Willis saying Lol if you think Ron and the AD had the power to fire Danny.

Well then start one for the Board of Trustees. They ultimately have to approve. Add the Deacon Club too. Need those Moricles to finance the buyout.

I am ALL IN on this thread. Hatch is the straw that stirs the drink of the vast majority of problems at Wake and will remain so. I have heard he is going to make it even tougher for players qualifying to get in to Wake and I think Coleman may be the first example of that. Why would he want to have tougher requirements than Duke or UVa., I will never understand. While I agree Wake should sell its academics to kids and parents, why do so and destroy your chances in sports in the process? FIRE HATCH

Wellman's condescending attitude toward those in the fan-base that passionately cares (cared) about the basketball program was unforgiveable, and understandably stoked the anger toward him which continues to be vented here.

All of that said, it is 100% true that Wellman could not fire or decide to retain the highest (or 2nd highest) paid and highest profile WF employee without consulting with and/or without the consent of the WF President. For a number of reasons, Hatch did not want Manning terminated. So, he remains WF's coach. Doesn't absolve Wellman, but 100% correct that Hatch played as big of a role, if not a bigger role, in the decision to maintain the status quo.

Last edited:
What a different world it would be if the donations did not begin again after [Redacted] was let go. Might have seen some real change up top.

Wellman's condescending attitude toward those in the fan-base that passionately cares (cared) about the basketball program was unforgiveable, and understandably stoked the anger toward him which continues to be vented here.

All of that said, it is 100% true that Wellman could not fire or decide to retain the highest (or 2nd highest) paid and highest profile WF employee without consulting with and/or without the consent of the WF President. For a number of reasons, Hatch did not want Manning terminated. So, he remains WF's coach. Doesn't absolve Wellman, but 100% correct that Hatch played as big of a role, if not a bigger role, in the decision to maintain the status quo.

What a horses ass Hatch must be.

Just asking, but is there something he recently did that brought this up again, or is it just general malaise?

Well for one Hatch wants to establish another panel at MSD so we can explore race relations so we can hide from the fact that we started in the height of slavery and our campus was founded and built by slave owners so he probably wants to take down all the names on all the buildings. Instead of hiding from all this do what UVA and Monticello have done and admit that Thomas Jefferson was a slave owner, had many extra babies with one of his slaves but go on with the fact that he was a great man who helped found this country. So what if some of our great alumni had a confederate flag out in the 1970's, that was the times we lived in. Get over it and quit apologizing for it. These sorry little students cannot tell us they run around afraid now on campus because there was a confederate flag on campus back in the 70's? Come on folks, grow a pair and stand up to these people. Quit babying the few.

I mean, as long as Wake Will keeps chugging along Hatch is going nowhere. He’s doing exactly what he’s been asked to do.

I mean, as long as Wake Will keeps chugging along Hatch is going nowhere. He’s doing exactly what he’s been asked to do.

Agree. On the scale of things that WF's President considers a priority, and more importantly, on the scale of things that most of those that evaluate him consider as a priority, the state of the men's basketball program is not at the top of the list (particularly, when WF can point to the success of other programs in the athletic department). Not saying men's hoops is irrelevant, but as long as WF keeps the donations flowing and the school's overall rank remains high, Hatch is not going to get canned or even feel significant pressure because the men's basketball program blows. Some may even feel like Hatch's reign shows that he has his priorities in the right place. We are the lunatic fringe.

Wake basketball doesn't have to be a top priority for Hatch to manage it well or for fans and alums to be angry that it's managed poorly.

Hard to claim other areas of campus are higher priorities when the head men's basketball coach has a reported $18M buyout clause in his contract.

Wake basketball doesn't have to be a top priority for Hatch to manage it well or for fans and alums to be angry that it's managed poorly.

Hard to claim other areas of campus are higher priorities when the head men's basketball coach has a reported $18M buyout clause in his contract.

No one in the world could possibly claim that he men's basketball program has been managed well, but while debateable, many believe that the athletic department has been managed well over the last few years despite the death spiral in basketball.

Don't think its hard to claim that the Wake Will Campaign which is closing in on a billion dollars raised (just passed $800 million in January) is a higher priority, or the WF endowment which his now up to $1.32 billion are higher priorities for WF, because they are.

Well the endowment has been mismanaged as well.

Money is a resource to use to accomplish goals, not a goal in itself.

Back