• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Another State moves to support Democracy

The michigan rag- michigan j frog merrie melodies cartoon

Oklahoma

Oklahoma, Sweet Home Alabama, and Georgia On My Mind are probably the best.

Three Great Alabama Icons - Drive-By Truckers
and not about a state explictely, but their "Ronnie and Neil" which ties together the whole Neil Young/Lynyrd Skynyrd "feud"

Four dead in Ohio

Yeah, great song about a state. I think you want something a little more complimentary. Not Neil Young's Alabama.

I mean Sweet Home Alabama isn't the most positive song either

As a response to Neil's Alabama, I beg to differ. Not much in there that's negative except one ambiguous line about Watergate and the guv'nuh.

Also, the song was recorded in Georgia.

Alabama was the original capital of the Confederacy...to say it hasn’t contributed anything to society is hogwash.

As a response to Neil's Alabama, I beg to differ. Not much in there that's negative except one ambiguous line about Watergate and the guv'nuh.

Georgia was a really great place for the North to showcase its ability to crush the rebellion

Ph's original question was "Best song about a state?" so answers of Alabama and Ohio are acceptable.

And the whole Skynyrd/Neil Young feud was made up, it's only rube Southerners who took it seriously.

Great bird watching in Dauphin Island, AL. I saw my lifer reddish egret there.

Back