• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

House passes gay rights bill

This is sure to sail through the senate and be signed by the president.

Go for it.

I think the house should pass a slew of good, needed, desired legislation. Make the Pubs go on record against it.

Republicans have shown themselves to be against:

Women's Rights
Gay Rights
Voters Rights
DACA

Hmmmmm....is there a pattern there?

If you aren't an old white male, does the GOP support you?

Go for it.

I think the house should pass a slew of good, needed, desired legislation. Make the Pubs go on record against it.

Just one senate pub, McConnell can apparently block whatever he wants from coming to a vote.

Just one senate pub, McConnell can apparently block whatever he wants from coming to a vote.

And he has done this more than anyone in his position in the history of our nation. If I'm not mistake he has the Top 3-5 yearly totals of blocking votes on House passed bills.

I would love a high-profile Dem, House or Senate, to start keeping a “scorecard” of GOP politicians voting against rights for various groups and then blasting it on social media and traditional media as much as possible. The best way to convince people that the GOP doesn’t support them and wants to control them is spoon feeding it to them as easily as possible. “Oh look, Senators [insert all GOP] voted against the ERA again, leader in the clubhouse is now Jon Cronyn with 5 anti-women, 4 anti-LGBT, 7 anti-poor and 1,000 anti-immigrant votes.”

Hell you could even make an interactive website with all of the votes. Just make it digestible and ceaselessly blast it to the masses.

I would love a high-profile Dem, House or Senate, to start keeping a “scorecard” of GOP politicians voting against rights for various groups and then blasting it on social media and traditional media as much as possible. The best way to convince people that the GOP doesn’t support them and wants to control them is spoon feeding it to them as easily as possible. “Oh look, Senators [insert all GOP] voted against the ERA again, leader in the clubhouse is now Jon Cronyn with 5 anti-women, 4 anti-LGBT, 7 anti-poor and 1,000 anti-immigrant votes.”

Hell you could even make an interactive website with all of the votes. Just make it digestible and ceaselessly blast it to the masses.

Why wait for a congressperson to do it? These votes are publicly available, right?

Dems are generally cowards in bringing up and opponent's voting record. Votes should be key to every election. But Dems are too wussy to do it.

Dems are generally cowards in bringing up and opponent's voting record. Votes should be key to every election. But Dems are too wussy to do it.

TITCR but a lot of its own would probably suffer, too, e.g., Joe Biden and his utterly shameful voting record.

Finally, some legislation that appeals to the rust belt Obama/Trump voters.

Family Research Council

The Party That Extremism Built

Apparently, the party of legal infanticide wasn't radical enough. Now, Speaker Nancy Pelsoi (D-Calif.) is going for broke. She doesn't just want to treat infants like garbage, but women, freedom, parents, science, employers, and religious organizations too. When 228 members of her party cast their "yes" votes for H.R. 5, they weren't only saying yes to the most extreme piece of LGBT legislation in history -- they were saying no to girls' sports, parents' authority, religious liberty, women's rights, privacy, and the free market.

What most people don't understand is that this campaign was never about equality. That was just a convenient stalking horse to get what the far-Left really wants: raw power.

https://www.frc.org/updatearticle/20190517/party-extremism

Back