• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Shaka to Michigan?

If Hatch refused to offer Maya Smart a full professorship to get Shaka to sign on the dotted line (and I doubt most, if not all of the alleged details surrounding that), then he made the right call. If she's qualified for, and has earned a professorship, then offer her a professorship regardless of what here husband does. But professorships should not be for sale to the highest bidder.

If Hatch refused to offer Maya Smart a full professorship to get Shaka to sign on the dotted line (and I doubt most, if not all of the alleged details surrounding that), then he made the right call. If she's qualified for, and has earned a professorship, then offer her a professorship regardless of what here husband does. But professorships should not be for sale to the highest bidder.

It never happened.

There is no reliable report that Maya Smart had an earned doctoral degree. Her Master's is in Journalism. Therefore it is unlikely she would have qualified for a professorship at Wake on her own merits.

Orca-fat LIAR douches like ChrisL and DeaconBlue just can't help themselves from perpetuating their made up Maya Smart SMEAR campaign

One professorship for a qualified person is a low price to pay for the millions upon millions of dollars hiring her husband would have come to the university. That's not even including the tens of millions in free publicity Wake would have gotten if Shaka became successful at Wake.

Reneging on this offer at the last moment was stupid for the future of the university and showed a lack of integrity at the top.

One professorship for a qualified person is a low price to pay for the millions upon millions of dollars hiring her husband would have come to the university. That's not even including the tens of millions in free publicity Wake would have gotten if Shaka became successful at Wake.

Reneging on this offer at the last moment was stupid for the future of the university and showed a lack of integrity at the top.

and what happens if he's fired 3-4 years later?

Just stop. Maya does not have a doctorate. She has not ever purused a career in academia according to her LinkedIn profile. Unlike you, she actually IS an author. You are a perpetual liar who tells lies, and even publishes them in "books," in order to gain e-cred on a Wake Forest sports board. We know it. You know it. Just stop.

and what happens if he's fired 3-4 years later?

We would have still made millions for the first couple of years and she would have followed him to his next job. But you don't hire someone thinking about what will happen if he fails. If that's your thought process, you don't hire him in the first place.

the point isn't whether or not hiring Maya to satisfy Shaka is a good idea

it's that it was never on the table to begin with

Believe Racer over RJ...good choice...

I notice Racer hasn't named his sources outside of LINKEDin, but expects RJ to do so. What a hypocrite! BTW, if they all are real sources, they will NEVER give again any info ever again if outs them. That's what proves racer doesn't know what a "source" is.

BTW, I'd LOVE to see Racer's "proof" that RJ's first book has LIES in it. Come on orca, put up or shut up!

We would have still made millions for the first couple of years and she would have followed him to his next job. But you don't hire someone thinking about what will happen if he fails. If that's your thought process, you don't hire him in the first place.

if you're paying someone millions of dollars, you definitely think about contingency plans

if you're paying someone millions of dollars, you definitely think about contingency plans

Or at least you should. Appears not to have been done well (or maybe not at all) if the reports of Manning's current contract and buyout are true.

Even at $200K/year, it would take someone 40-50 years to make what a Top 10 paid bball coach makes in two.

Where do professors make $200K/year, and do they have any open positions in ornithology or ecological statistics?

Where do professors make $200K/year, and do they have any open positions in ornithology or ecological statistics?

I think places like Harvard, Stanford and Yale pay that much. The fact that few places do strengthens my point about a spouse looking for another job if their mate was making $3-5M/year.

$200K? Wow. I’m in the wrong profession.

Oh wait.

Back