• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Billionaire pays off Morehouse graduating class’s student debt

Evil billionaires strike again. Nobody should make that much money, so they can turn around and do things like this.

It’s a nice feel good story but it is a sign of a large problem that it takes a billionaire to clear the debts of one graduating class from a small private university.

Great stuff! I know all those students will be relieved.

PhDeac said:
It’s a nice feel good story but it is a sign of a large problem that it takes a billionaire to clear the debts of one graduating class from a small private university.

Definitely!

It doesn’t take a billionaire. Just someone willing to spend $40M. One doesn’t have to be a billionaire to do that.

Man, just think about being that guy who busted his ass to graduate in 4, and his slacker roommate who dicked around and graduated a year behind with the class of 2019.
Timing's everything.

The only disappointing thing about this great story is your comment. What a clown.

Why, we live in a society where people vilify billionaires?

We should celebrate success and people that do great things for others.

Potentially life-changing turn of events for those kids. I can't imagine where I'd be in terms of my own financial security if I graduated without loans.

Why, we live in a society where people vilify billionaires?

We should celebrate success and people that do great things for others.

Why does he hate women so much? He has spoken at other college graduations and chooses to do this at an all mens college? This just the patriarchy at work once again, helping those who do not need while turning a blind eye to the plight of women.

Now excuse me while I try and sneak my name into that list of graduates.

It’s just too bad no advanced civilized nation has ever been able to figure out a way collectively finance the education of its citizens.

not a single person (that I know of) is vilifying the donor

people are vilifying the new normal: that about 400 graduates were leaving with about $40 million in debt

not a single person (that I know of) is vilifying the donor

people are vilifying the new normal: that about 400 graduates were leaving with about $40 million in debt

Right. The graduating class from ONE school has 40 million in dept. Think about that for a minute.

i'll vilify the donor. why didn't he pay off every college kids' debt? cheapskate

Back