• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

UNC's Honeymoon with Brown continues

Two "Wakeyleaks" coaches plus hiring one of the analysts from the 2018 Wake staff puts him in a strong position to know Wake next fall.

Couple that with recruits knowing that their academic workload should be light, thanks to the NCAA and Southern States accrediting body giving uNC a pass on the fake classes issue should make recruiting easy for him. Fine for the 10%. Bad for the 90%.

The percentages are the rough split of the players finishing eligibility at D1 schools vs the number of rookies making NFL 53 man opening day rosters.

130 FBS schools, roughly 20 per year per school = 2600 players. NFL opening day 53 man rosters had a total of 256 rookies. Practice squads would give a few more guys football jobs. FCS and D2 guys would fill part of the 256 rookie spots.

So for about 90% of FBS college football players, life after college football would more than likely be better with a decent college degree, not a fake one. But try convincing teenagers they are part of the 90% and not part of the 10%.

Any chance those 2 Wakelyleak coaches are banned from campus? Can that prevent them from being on the sidelines for the game?

Any chance those 2 Wakelyleak coaches are banned from campus? Can that prevent them from being on the sidelines for the game?

Probably never banned but should have been because that would increase deterrence. Clearly, NCAA action never deters cheating.

Probably never banned but should have been because that would increase deterrence. Clearly, NCAA action never deters cheating.

I believe it was the ACC, not the NCAA that imposrd the fines on the assistant coaches in the conference who were recipients of stolen game plans. I don't know if the ACC or Wake has the power to ban them from campus.

Clearly, the ACC does not care that they have other jobs within the conference.

I believe it was their actual schools that punished them. Beamer has moved on to Georgia by that time.

I believe it was the ACC, not the NCAA that imposrd the fines on the assistant coaches in the conference who were recipients of stolen game plans. I don't know if the ACC or Wake has the power to ban them from campus.

Clearly, the ACC does not care that they have other jobs within the conference.

NCAA failing to act typifies the problem. WF has the right to ban anyone from trespassing after notification.

Three of the top five best recruits EVER at WF are entering the 2019 Class.
The 2020 Class is currently ranked 27 in the nation.

Deacs will do the “talking” exclusively on the field.

Is the ACC transfer rule, with an extra redshirt year, only for basketball?

UNC made a HUGE mistake in passing on Scott Satterfield. Good pickup for Louisville.

I think Satterfield would have done very well at UNC but to be successful at UL he's going to need to change up his recruiting strategy. Offering everyone that gets a NCSU offer the day after they post it on twitter isn't working out too well for him.

8 for now.
Wait a few months. They'll be much lower.

Agreed-their average rating per player if it holds, last year would have been anywhere in the 22-30 ranking at the end of the season with the range dependent upon how many commits. They are rated at 10 now and the main reason is the number of commits, not the players high rating. Their average rating as of today on 247 is 87.09. Texas A&M is number 11 on their tail with an average rating of 91.14 but they only have 12 commits currently vs. UNC's 19 commits.

Wake's current player rating will get us ranked about the same as we were last year. But as I have said way too many times, our player's rating has little to do with how well our team plays. Rocky Reid was one of the higher rated guys coming in and is now at Campbell. Jake Benzinger didn't even have a profile when he committed and is starting, Alex Bachman had no offers and he's in camp with the Rams, Jessie Bates 2 star......

Back