• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

UNC's Honeymoon with Brown continues

Part of Mack's comp package is a lifetime supply of Depends and all the oatmeal he can eat

I'm not about to click on that article. Fuck UNC.
I'll fall on the sword for you:
Some guy claims that the Holes will "breakthrough" in 2021 and have a solid turnaround. Says that the New Year's Six bowls are their ceiling however. Figures that Brown will have had three recruiting cycles to rid the program of the Hat's leftovers and should take a huge step forward.

It's actually a possibility, I will admit.
Of course, I might learn how to shit gold nuggets by 2021 too. So, who knows?

They still call UNC “a sleeping giant” in college football, a program that would seem to have all the necessary ingredients to sustain excellence, a national brand, a natural recruiting advantage and a willingness to do almost anything to get there.

The article got that part right anyway.

So here we go again with UNC coming out of yet another failed attempt at the big time, reloading with a 67-year-old coaching legend who has promised he’ll stay this time and drag Carolina out of the darkness if it’s the last thing he does.

"His teams never won an ACC title in his 10 years. And after his first two 1-10 seasons at Carolina, the fans were incensed. When he left with UNC on the doorstep of a dream, they swore they’d never forgive him."

UNC picks up a clemson transfer at cb. Very highly rated and projected as a strater for the defending national champs. Guess he will be sitting out this year as a non grad transfer unless he can prove hardship. THought intra conference transfers were hit with two years of sitting? or maybe they had to pay their own way for a year or something.

I don’t think that’s the case anymore after expansion.

UNC made a HUGE mistake in passing on Scott Satterfield. Good pickup for Louisville.

No mistake at all. They needed butts in chairs and they are getting it with Mack. People remember him and love him. He did a whale of a job when he was here last time and had them ranked as high as 4th in the country [getting passed over for a New Year's Day bowl for 8th ranked K-State I believe]. Then he left. No he did not win an ACC title but he had them at 20 wins in two seasons and on top of the world. Their last ACC title was around 1980. Mack gets to know every single high school coach in the state and will have that locked up. He will have Doeren boxed out soon. He has a good coaching staff. Better get him now before they load up with talent.

He is a stop-gap coach but will do one helluva job and right their ship!

No mistake at all. They needed butts in chairs and they are getting it with Mack. People remember him and love him. He did a whale of a job when he was here last time and had them ranked as high as 4th in the country [getting passed over for a New Year's Day bowl for 8th ranked K-State I believe]. Then he left. No he did not win an ACC title but he had them at 20 wins in two seasons and on top of the world. Their last ACC title was around 1980. Mack gets to know every single high school coach in the state and will have that locked up. He will have Doeren boxed out soon. He has a good coaching staff. Better get him now before they load up with talent.

He is a stop-gap coach but will do one helluva job and right their ship!
Fuck off, Tarhole.

/mildly sarcastic comment

Fuck off, Tarhole.

/mildly sarcastic comment

Just giving you the facts of what will happen. Sorry you don't agree but I have followed college football enough to know he is a national championship coach and did one helluva job when he was here before. The high school coaches love him. The parents of kids love him. He will be getting the recruits again and will right the ship from what Hat Man Fedora left them. Plus put butts in chairs in Kenan Stadium.

Mack Brown is the worst hire in the last 25 years. They had a great chance and blew it.

Mack left Texas for a reason, and that reason will probably follow him back to Carolina. He is off to a good start on paper, but often these homecomings in a coach's elder years do not end well. We shall see.

Brown isn’t stealing many Clemson level recruits any time soon until he demonstrates game winning talent.
Respecting Brown for past successes makes sense but NC HS coaches aren’t going to ignore Doeren, Clawson or Cutcliffe just because Brown has landed at age 67 at Chapel Hill. Historically the Carolina fan base has been quick to run to the exits upon signs of bumps in the road. Expect more of same from them. UNC while loaded with talent has a long history of failure which is a Mount Everest to climb with an old coach leading the expedition.

Back