• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

UNC's Honeymoon with Brown continues

Howell won’t last a half. Poor guy won’t have a chance.

Packer made a good point about playing Clemson: their opponents who clearly have no chance are better off playing them in Death Valley b/c of how deep Clemson can go in cleaning out their bench vs. when they're on the road. For example, vs. UNCC Clemson was able to get 111 guys some game action. Had that game been in Charlotte, the Niners would have had Clemson's 73 most physically-talented beasts pounding on them for all 60 minutes.

Packer made a good point about playing Clemson: their opponents who clearly have no chance are better off playing them in Death Valley b/c of how deep Clemson can go in cleaning out their bench vs. when they're on the road. For example, vs. UNCC Clemson was able to get 111 guys some game action. Had that game been in Charlotte, the Niners would have had Clemson's 73 most physically-talented beasts pounding on them for all 60 minutes.

Interesting take. Can’t disagree.
I guess Elon was also lucky they played Wake in W-S where we emptied our bench.
No telling what the score may have been if we played at their place.

Mack is getting a huge pass from fans and media for clock mismanagement and coaching gaffes. You don't go for 2 to win with a minute left. Even if UNC had been successful, Clemson could kick a game winning FG. Not worth the risk. But hey, Mack is back!

Mack is getting a huge pass from fans and media for clock mismanagement and coaching gaffes. You don't go for 2 to win with a minute left. Even if UNC had been successful, Clemson could kick a game winning FG. Not worth the risk. But hey, Mack is back!

You ain’t beating Clemson in ot, either. I doubt Mack actually makes any real decisions, but I agreed with whoever made the call to go for 2.

Mack has done a lot of dumb things coaching this year but going for 2 was the right move. His team was gassed. Not to mention, they are probably getting more good credit for the one point loss than they would’ve gotten for a six point loss in OT.

We are about a year away from the stands being empty again in Chapel Hill. The new car smell of Mack is already starting to wane. Happens every time in Chapel Hill.

We are about a year away from the stands being empty again in Chapel Hill. The new car smell of Mack is already starting to wane. Happens every time in Chapel Hill.

Not sure about that yet. He’s still getting a ton of positive press and the fans still think they’re on the road to recovery. I know their record is 2-3. I’ll hold judgment until later in the season.

They are over there in their board accusing us of cheating if you can believe it considering. Saying we were stealing their play calls

They are over there in their board accusing us of cheating if you can believe it considering. Saying we were stealing their play calls

Pretty sure they hired the cheaters who stole play calls.

Going for two there was basically saying "who cares our season is over anyway let's hope we get lucky, this is a fluke we'll never win in OT."

In that sense it was a pretty astute coaching decision I guess.

going for 2 is absolutely the right call

And just how would we be doing that?

They will draw well until Basketball season and then they will develop Football Amnesia

Back