• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

UNC's Honeymoon with Brown continues

2021 QB Drake Maye flips from Alabama to UNC-CH. High 4-star, #45 overall currently.

Mack is rolling.

That is big news. You can’t argue that they aren’t killing it recruiting. The big question will be can they translate that success into wins on the field.

2021 QB Drake Maye flips from Alabama to UNC-CH. High 4-star, #45 overall currently.

Mack is rolling.

#coachingmatters

On the recruiting trail it's huge. We'll get there with our new men's bball coach! :thumbsup:

Brown is recruiting much better than I expected. Must be that "we have classes you can ace without attending or doing any work" thing.

Brown is recruiting much better than I expected. Must be that "we have classes you can ace without attending or doing any work" thing.

Why is that surprising? Mack recruited like a fiend when he was UNC before. The man will lock down the state of NC and close Doeren out as much as possible at State U.

Brown's turn around at UNC has been really impressive and it looked like he was having a lot of fun Coaching his team last year. He may be waking a sleeping giant at UNC.

UNC's recruiting is extremely good right now. So good it makes you wonder. Clawson deserves players like this more than Brown or any other coach not named Dabo.

we kicked their ass this year; let's see him win some games before we start anointing him the next Nick Saban

Mack recruited well at UT too, yet he fizzled the last 3-4 years he was there. Granted, that was after 10+ solid years at UT with a 'ship mixed in. No clue for the drop off at UT. IIRC, he still was recruiting well those last few years, so my best guess was that he simply didn't adapt to the new offenses of the modern era.

Defenses usually know how to stop a five year old offensive scheme. There is lots of tape and many D Coordinators have worked on ways to stop it. Offenses evolve to counter what the defense does and the cycle continues. If your offense and defense don't evolve, they will become ineffective.

If offenses didn't evolve, many teams would be running single wing or wing T based offenses.

Mack recruited well at UT too, yet he fizzled the last 3-4 years he was there. Granted, that was after 10+ solid years at UT with a 'ship mixed in. No clue for the drop off at UT. IIRC, he still was recruiting well those last few years, so my best guess was that he simply didn't adapt to the new offenses of the modern era.

Texas has fizzled in general over the past 10 years yet Mack did win a natty at UT.

UNC just got a verbal from a 5* CB over UGA, OSU, and A&M.

UNC just got a verbal from a 5* CB over UGA, OSU, and A&M.

The #1 CB in the country, a top-10 player. UNC is recruiting on a Clemson level, 1 year removed from 6 regular season wins, and previous years being a complete loss. Very Fishy in Chapel Hill.

The #1 CB in the country, a top-10 player. UNC is recruiting on a Clemson level, 1 year removed from 6 regular season wins, and previous years being a complete loss. Very Fishy in Chapel Hill.

oh its beyond fishy...but its UNC so no sense in even trying to care. NCAA will let UNC do whatever they want whenever they want.

I love the quote that "UNC came up big time". Isn't hard to figure out what that means.

Back