• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

UNC's Honeymoon with Brown continues

UNC ran the ball well against USC, and was really conservative picking their spots to throw (although Howell looked good there when given a chance). We defended the run decently against Utah St outside of big chunk plays, and I’d expect that to be what decides our game against them. If we can limit 20+ yard runs by UNC, I’d think we win this game relatively easily. If we continue giving up big chunk yardage like our D has for over a year now, Newman may have to bail us out yet again.

UNC can run the ball. Good OL.

Miami looked like garbage as well. The UM’s new coach looked a bit dazed and confused as well.

I thought Miami albeit sloppy looked much better than UNC

Howell looked pretty decent for a true freshman having his first start against an SEC defense. Got away with a few sloppy throws that should have been INTs but that’s how it goes. The UNC OL and RBs should put him in solid spots to succeed. Hope he goes in the tank the 11 games.

USU Coach Gary Anderson said their game with us was like a heavy weight boxing match. Our game with the cheaters will likely be a slugfest. Hopefully the Deacs will be slugging the most.

It helps that we have in state guys doing well at WF.

Woo the Carolina lovefest on Packer and Durham

Isn't UNC-CH's win over USC at least on par with our win over Utah Fucking State ? The Heels are going to give us a game in a couple of weeks and they're going to be pretty fucking psyched. I've been catching hell for saying a 5-star freshman QB might be pretty good, but his second half against South Carolina was pretty good and his receivers made some amazing catches. This is going to be a game.

Again, Howell was a 4 star and 50+ spots away in the rankings from being a 5 star. That said, he performed much better than expected against an SEC defense. UNC’s O-Line was the most impressive and is certainly a reason for concern given our front 7’s performance against USU.

Okay. 4-star. Played well. Played better than Bo Nix who is a 5-star.

Wake should be around a 3 point favorite going into the game next week. Roughly equal at this point on a neutral field. UNC has always had the talent, it's just a matter of putting it all together for a season.

Need to get Surratt one-on-one against his big brother.

I'd say about 10 minutes total so far (watching the replay now myself). They had Mac Lain on talking about it now. They're giving credit to the defense and DC for picking Love three times. Everyone agrees that it was one of the top games of the weekend across the country.

Again, Howell was a 4 star and 50+ spots away in the rankings from being a 5 star. That said, he performed much better than expected against an SEC defense. UNC’s O-Line was the most impressive and is certainly a reason for concern given our front 7’s performance against USU.

SEC east defense*

Have they talked about our game much?

After the initial hole lovefest they were very complimentary. Said our game was the best of the weekend. Thought that we were very well disciplined and that people may be alarmed at the 596yds given up but it was against Jordan Love and a great team. We were their co-game of the week with the holes. Talked about being surprised we didn't run two QBs and the former Clemson Olinemen said after talking to Jamie he sees why. Thought the game was key to a special season instead of an ok season

Last edited:
I didn't realize UNC's freshman QB was a top 100 recruit and had offers from Bama, FSU, Clemson, and pretty much everywhere. Wish I was as confident Brown is gonna fail there as y'all.

I didn't realize UNC's freshman QB was a top 100 recruit and had offers from Bama, FSU, Clemson, and pretty much everywhere. Wish I was as confident Brown is gonna fail there as y'all.

How was Brown’s recruiting towards the end at UT?

Utah State beats North and South Carolina. UNC game gonna be a fight, but they generally are pussies in the last quarter. Just be tougher and win.

Back