• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Mueller to make public statement at 11am

My initial impression is that I am disappointed. No one has heard Mueller speak in years. I was hoping he'd sound like Mike Tyson or at least Sam Kinnson.

This thread.....

giphy.gif

Mueller completely wussed out. Pathetic. If he wants to see Congress do his job, he needs to help them by testifying. This statement won’t move the needle. Mueller has to actively be a part of the counterspin.

If he was cleared of obstruction I would have said so, and I don't have the power or authority to bring charges...........and we call it the aristocrats.

other points of interest:

1. Emphasis on the seriousness of Russian election interference
2. Comment about faith in AG/Barr
3. Trump was not exonerated in obstruction probe

What kind of system do we have where it can’t be determined the president committed a crime?

A system that puts the burden on the most partisan branch of government. McConnell has already said the senate will not convict.

This thread.....

giphy.gif

Do you not understand at all what Mueller just said?

He specifically said that he couldn't clear POTUS and that only Congress could hold Trump responsible.

He also categorically said Russia impacted the election and Russia had contacts with the Trump Campaign.

Mueller basically smacked Trump and his lackey Barr across their lips.

A system that puts the burden on the most partisan branch of government. McConnell has already said the senate will not convict.

Nice system we have here.

He’s just repeating what’s already in his report today. Definitely the teacher scolding kids for not doing their homework. In fairness (as catamount keeps showing the last day or two) not everybody did their homework.

It fits that McConnell, the worst and most obstructionist person (worst ever) as Majority Leader in past hundred years and a criminal POTUS would be on the same side.

He’s just repeating what’s already in his report today. Definitely the teacher scolding kids for not doing their homework. In fairness (as catamount keeps showing the last day or two) not everybody did their homework.

Of course, Barr is one of the reasons they didn’t do their homework and Mueller let him off the hook.

Back