• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Mueller to make public statement at 11am

So, I'm hearing NO COLLUSION and TOTAL EXONERATION.

Mueller just wanted to spend a moment apologizing for PRESIDENTIAL HARASSMENT.

Well mueller didn’t lead Trump away in cuffs so the only reasonable conclusion from his statement is no collusion/total exoneration. No gray area on the spectrum between those two points.

Mueller completely wussed out. Pathetic. If he wants to see Congress do his job, he needs to help them by testifying. This statement won’t move the needle. Mueller has to actively be a part of the counterspin.

He's clearly laid out that Congres is the only method of formally charging the President with a crime. He's specifically said they would have exonerated him if they could but they could not. You're asking for something way beyond what he can do. He's a lawyer's lawyer. He's going by the book.

He's clearly laid out that Congres is the only method of formally charging the President with a crime. He's specifically said they would have exonerated him if they could but they could not. You're asking for something way beyond what he can do. He's a lawyer's lawyer. He's going by the book.

And going by the book enables the people publishing the book right now. Trump and Barr are setting the narrative and Mueller statement did nothing to counter it.

And going by the book enables the people publishing the book right now. Trump and Barr are setting the narrative and Mueller statement did nothing to counter it.

The OLC opinion was published 19 years ago.

Mueller went as far as he could go without blatantly saying “Congress should open up impeachment proceedings.”

so no collusion or obstruction only because he is the sitting president. otherwise fuck yeah he did it!!!

61536498_10157577770896800_7469862796864258048_n.jpg

I mean can we at least put to rest the “there is no evidence of obstruction in the Mueller report?” If you read the report and still said that I don’t know what to say but now that it’s been doubled down on can we stop that absurdity? Catamount?

I mean can we at least put to rest the “there is no evidence of obstruction in the Mueller report?” If you read the report and still said that I don’t know what to say but now that it’s been doubled down on can we stop that absurdity? Catamount?

Totally clears the President. Thank you.

Mueller went as far as he could go without blatantly saying “Congress should open up impeachment proceedings.”

The statement he put out after this morning's statement said Barr is lying and full of shit. Mueller said that he went into the process as an investigator.

Barr said Mueller left it to the DOJ to determine whether there was obstruction. Mueller just directed us back to his report, where it DID NOT say that, and then reiterated that the report did not say that. Barr said Mueller's conclusion was not based on the DOJ opinion. Mueller just said his conclusion was based on that opinion.

Tell me how Mueller did nothing to counteract Barr.

Even the White House is now saying that its the DOJ (aka Barr), not Mueller, who said no obstruction.

Nothing Earth shattering, but I was pleasantly surprised that Mueller flat-out said that his investigation could not rule out that Trump committed obstruction of justice, and did not say that he didn't, but simply that under Justice Department guidelines they couldn't prosecute. He did clearly put the responsibility for letting Trump off the hook there onto Barr and Trump's other toadies in the Justice Department. It may not matter to Trump's base (what would?), but it does provide Democrats with fresh ammunition to argue that obstruction of justice is still very much on the table. Hell, Mueller even basically said that Russia's interference in the 2016 election was a bigger deal than either the GOP or news media has discussed thus far.

Last edited:
Nothing Earth shattering, but I was pleasantly surprised that Mueller flat-out said that his investigation could not rule out that Trump committed obstruction of justice, and did not say that he didn't, but simply that under Justice Department guidelines they couldn't prosecute. He did clearly put the responsibility for letting Trump off the hook there onto Barr and Trump's other toadies in the Justice Department. It may not matter to Trump's base (what would?), but it does provide Democrats with fresh ammunition to argue that obstruction of justice is still very much on the table. Hell, Mueller even basically said that Russia's interference in the 2016 election was a bigger deal than either the GOP or news media has discussed thus far.

yeah, but

yeah, but

Also didn't change today:
-The only reason he wasn't charged with a crime for the Trump Tower meeting was that he was too stupid to know it was illegal.

Back