• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Mueller to make public statement at 11am

Mueller basically cut Trump's and Barr's balls off about the origin of the investigation. Mueller started and finished statement about Russia's "systematic attack" on our democracy creating the justification for the investigation. Mueller was leaving no doubt about this and the insanity of Trump and Barr investigating why this began.

Lol

That’s never been publicly proven

Maybe Assange can shed some light

If we had confidence the President did not commit a crime, we would have said so.

You can't get much clearer than Mueller saying this...

Last edited:
To be fair, it’d be far more clear if he said “We think the President committed a crime but due to DOJ policy we are prevented from charging the President”

To be fair, it’d be far more clear if he said “We think the President committed a crime but due to DOJ policy we are prevented from charging the President”

But he said it wouldn't be fair to say such a thing without the ability to charge. His statement was as strong as his position about the policy would allow him to do.

More like "Innocent because we aren't supposed to prove you're guilty."

So then it makes one wonder what the point of it all was if you couldn’t take down the guy responsible for all of this. Mueller would’ve known he couldn’t indict Trump from the outset

You’re asking why the Trump administration DOJ allowed an investigation that couldn’t take down Trump on its own?

Fox News isn't taking Mueller's statement very well. Their website's top section is filled with stories saying that Mueller's statement "is not good news" for Trump, that it "sets up impeachment talk for the foreseeable future", and attacking Mueller's credibility. Rush Limbaugh says that Mueller is begging Congress to impeach Trump, another columnist says that Mueller "abused our legal system by speaking publicly." Whatever else, Fox certainly seems to find Mueller's statement troubling enough to attack it, and him.

I just don't understand what's any different today than the day he released the report other than indicating the people (mostly conservatives it seems) who either didn't read the report or didn't believe the actual analysis of the report when it came out.

Mueller just repeated what's already in his report.

I just don't understand what's any different today than the day he released the report other than indicating the people (mostly conservatives it seems) who either didn't read the report or didn't believe the actual analysis of the report when it came out.

Mueller just repeated what's already in his report.

To break the conservative spin cycle.

Mueller categorically stated that Trump is POTUS because of Russian interference in our elections.

Trump has covered for attack on our democracy for nearly three years and needs to be held accountable.

The more I think about Mueller’s presser, the more I think it was brilliant.

He pretty firmly stated the 3 things Democrat’s likely wanted to get out of public testimony.

1. Russia interfered in the election and every American should be concerned (i.e. it wasn’t a hoax)
2. There is plenty of evidence of obstruction
3. The only reason he didn’t bring charges is because Trump is the President DOJ precedent won’t allow for it

And he said all of this with the backdrop of the Department or Justice...not in a congressional hearing where the 3 points above would get muddied by Jim Jordan and Matt Gaetz flinging feces everywhere.

Now what I really want to know is what Bob Mueller told William Barr last night when he notified Barr that he would be delivering a statement. I have a hard time believing Barr approved the statement given today.

The more I think about Mueller’s presser, the more I think it was brilliant.

He pretty firmly stated the 3 things Democrat’s likely wanted to get out of public testimony.

1. Russia interfered in the election and every American should be concerned (i.e. it wasn’t a hoax)
2. There is plenty of evidence of obstruction
3. The only reason he didn’t bring charges is because Trump is the President DOJ precedent won’t allow for it

And he said all of this with the backdrop of the Department or Justice...not in a congressional hearing where the 3 points above would get muddied by Jim Jordan and Matt Gaetz flinging feces everywhere.

Now what I really want to know is what Bob Mueller told William Barr last night when he notified Barr that he would be delivering a statement. I have a hard time believing Barr approved the statement given today.

But I thought he was just another pawn

1. Russia illegally interfered to help Trump and hurt Clinton.

2. Trumps campaign colluded with Russia, just not to level of criminal conspiracy based the evidence they were able to obtain and the scope of their work.

3. Trump obstructed justice in multiple ways. This is criminal.

4. Trump not formally accused by Mueller of obstruction because, per Mueller, only congress can formally accuse a sitting president of federal crime.

5. Our system seems to suck, mostly because Pubs care about power more than truth, law, or honor.

6. Anyone with a brain should almost never vote for any Republican for national office. Not for a long time.

7. Barr is a lying stooge, and should be impeached.

Last edited:
Back