• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Mueller to make public statement at 11am

It is ALL there so at this point the deniers are just either trolling or not smart at life. Trump is GUILTY as HELL

The Louisiana AG believes that if you're not found guilty in court in America that you're "found innocent."

I don't know if these people are legitimately dumb or if they're just pandering to their base by acting like they're dumb.

Yeah. I remember all these idiots spending the last 25 years saying OJ was innocent.

Bret Baier is the standard bearer of the news division and he's shocked, genuinely shocked by what everybody else who follows the real news has known for over 2 years.

I'd like to believe that all these people are part of a well-orchestrated right wing media plot, but maybe they're just dumb people handpicked to participate because they're just that gullible.

1. Russia illegally interfered to help Trump and hurt Clinton.

2. Trumps campaign colluded with Russia, just not to level of criminal conspiracy based the evidence they were able to obtain and the scope of their work.

3. Trump obstructed justice in multiple ways. This is criminal.

4. Trump not formally accused by Mueller of obstruction because, per Mueller, only congress can formally accuse a sitting president of federal crime.

5. Our system seems to suck, mostly because Pubs care about power more than truth, law, or honor.

6. Anyone with a brain should almost never vote for any Republican for national office. Not for a long time.

7. Barr is a lying stooge, and should be impeached.

Agreed, but on #6 I'd add that no one should vote for Republicans for any statewide as well as federal offices either. Unless they see that there is a real price to be paid for this behavior, it will never end.

So maybe we'd be a little further down the road if Mueller or Rosenstein or Sessions (or even Whitaker or Barr) had said publicly, sometime in the past 7 or 8 months, that the special prosecutor would not indict the sitting president under any circumstances and that it would be up to Congress to decide if there would be any proceedings, as laid out in the Constitution ? Sure Trump would have exploded at the Justice Department for floating the idea of impeachment, but he would have also found quarter in the fact tht Mueller wouldn't indict him. He might have even been interviewed.

Not at all. Keeping that info quiet was part of the plan.

So then it makes one wonder what the point of it all was if you couldn’t take down the guy responsible for all of this. Mueller would’ve known he couldn’t indict Trump from the outset

Mueller, I thought, explained that pretty clearly as well. First, you can indict co-conspirators. Second, you need to preserve evidence while memories are fresh. A president is not a president for life, of course, so an indictment could come later. Third, there are means by which the fruits of the investigation can be used outside of the criminal justice system, i.e., through congressional oversight and/or impeachment.

1. Russia illegally interfered to help Trump and hurt Clinton.

2. Trumps campaign colluded with Russia, just not to level of criminal conspiracy based the evidence they were able to obtain and the scope of their work.

3. Trump obstructed justice in multiple ways. This is criminal.

4. Trump not formally accused by Mueller of obstruction because, per Mueller, only congress can formally accuse a sitting president of federal crime.

5. Our system seems to suck, mostly because Pubs care about power more than truth, law, or honor.

6. Anyone with a brain should almost never vote for any Republican for national office. Not for a long time.

7. Barr is a lying stooge, and should be impeached.

Was this lifted from the OpEd page of the WaPo or NYT? Or did you come up with these pearls all by yourself?

Agreed, but on #6 I'd add that no one should vote for Republicans for any statewide as well as federal offices either. Unless they see that there is a real price to be paid for this behavior, it will never end.

Dems = GOOD

Pubs = BAAADDDDD

Dems = GOOD

Pubs = BAAADDDDD

giphy.gif

Back