• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Mueller to make public statement at 11am

Have you seen Trump's approval ratings? With the current state of the economy growing in the stock market any Republican president in office right now should have approval ratings in the mid to Upper 50s or even 60%

I do think we're working with an exception rather than the rule with Trump. He's absolutely breaking all the political rules we thought we understood. He's really still only pandering to the 30% of the country that is his base, and that was kind of how he campaigned too. He's not trying to win over the whole country with focus groups and massaged messaging. Thing is, Pubs on here are a good example of what the rest of his party has done. They may not approve of his methods, but they sure like the fact that he's packing the courts, putting special interests in charge at cabinet positions, and owning the libs. Not a lot of thought about how popular or feasible any of the shit they're pulling is.

And neoliberals like Schumer and Pelosi and much of the dem establishment think if we can just get our norms back, we'll be able to play ball again. Why would Pubs want to do that? It's Charlie Brown and the football every month.

It's not about moral superiority. It's not a particularly conspiratorial position to take that money in politics overrides political will. You don't need to listen to People's Policy Project or Data for All or left leaning think tanks, you can go just about anywhere, and yes when you present people with loaded "Ok what if medicare for all, but you have to wait longer?" or "What if single payer but we have to raise your taxes?" then yes, the popularity drops. In fact, bleeding edge progressive policies do tend to have some externalities upon implementation that hurt. But why should it be that BOTH parties are interested in arguing against their broad, general appeal if there are actual different ideologies at play? I propose, and it's not really hard to follow the money or the data, that it's because Democrats are still deep in the pockets of insurers, bio, pharma, and other special interests keen on not changing. It's not the electorate's job to decide what's feasible, that's the job of the elected official.

Keep patronizing the generation that will be replacing you and cleaning up your mess, but it'll be the largest voting bloc in the next election. And the younger voters are not going more establishment.

I am not patronizing at all. Convince enough people to support your candidates in congress and the presidency and you will get more control over policy.

I will warn you that people in the 60s were saying the same thing about the younger generation. I wouldn't count my chickens before they hatch.

In the meantime, lets get Trump out of office and get control of the senate.

Republicans: Screw the left. How will this play with Trump’s base?

Media: Screw the left. How will this play with Trump’s base?

Democrats: Screw the left. How will this play with Trump’s base?

somehow other countries have figured it out, like the country where my company is based. my coworkers don't have to worry about healthcare or education and somehow they can still take off 3 weeks straight in the summer and afford to go on cool trips around Europe or to Asia and still have plenty more vacation time for the year, and if one of them gets pregnant they can take off all the time they need after having the child (the father can too). and our company still makes billions of euros. but, it is nice to have all this freedom here I suppose.

freedom isn't free pard

I am not patronizing at all. Convince enough people to support your candidates in congress and the presidency and you will get more control over policy.

I will warn you that people in the 60s were saying the same thing about the younger generation. I wouldn't count my chickens before they hatch.

In the meantime, lets get Trump out of office and get control of the senate.

I just don't see how you win broad support for "we can't do anything, why try?"

I personally think winning back the Senate is a much bigger deal than winning back the white house.

I also think we may be facing much bigger existential threats in both climate change and our tech-panopticon/erosion of citizen digital literacy than either of the above.

The reason for my original rant was just...it's clear Mueller is begging Congress to do their job, and I'm sick of Dems refusing.

Republicans: Screw the left. How will this play with Trump’s base?

Media: Screw the left. How will this play with Trump’s base?

Democrats: Screw the left. How will this play with Trump’s base?

Trumps base is mostly gone. They are only about 40%.

Trumps base is mostly gone. They are only about 40%.

That’s a pretty large base. They’re definitely going to vote so they’re looking at 45% of the popular vote before having to convince anybody else.

And idc what we've said about younger generations, this one is here, so let's seize on popular policies while we can:

I just don't see how you win broad support for "we can't do anything, why try?"

I personally think winning back the Senate is a much bigger deal than winning back the white house.

I also think we may be facing much bigger existential threats in both climate change and our tech-panopticon/erosion of citizen digital literacy than either of the above.

The reason for my original rant was just...it's clear Mueller is begging Congress to do their job, and I'm sick of Dems refusing.

yeah it's pretty clear that nothing could happen if Cocaine Mitch is still in power. I hate that motherfucker way more than Trump.

And idc what we've said about younger generations, this one is here, so let's seize on popular policies while we can:

Boomers and older are dying in droves.

If Donald loses the election next year he will face indictment quickly.

I really don't think that is true. Even if the evidence is there, I think TPTB will feel that is outweighed by the harm to the office/Country that would result from going after a President. I don't agree with that, but he will definitely continue to be able to play by different rules than the rest of us.

I really don't think that is true. Even if the evidence is there, I think TPTB will feel that is outweighed by the harm to the office/Country that would result from going after a President. I don't agree with that, but he will definitely continue to be able to play by different rules than the rest of us.

First of all, he's an ex-POTUS and will be able to be charged on a wide range of felonies. He's disparaged the FBI and DOJ. Trump has created a lot of enemies.

Of course, this will be moot when Putin gives Trump a Russian diplomatic passport.

And this:

These videos are good. Thanks for posting.

Dems really need to weave some of this messaging into their own messages on progressive policies.

At the end of the day....whether it’s obstruction of justice, his business practices, his relationship with Russia or ordering the USS John McCain around...Trump is corrupt as fuck.

Corruption wastes taxpayer dollars and distorts markets which ultimately takes money away from areas that need it like education and healthcare.

This process ultimately hurts you and me in the long run.

Catamount and Moonz, need some help here... are these guys part of your Deep State?

Has Catamount posted since Mueller have his statement yesterday? Would also be curious to get Wrangor’s thoughts at this point given that he said repeatedly that Trump was exonerated because no charges had been brought.

Back