• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Mueller to make public statement at 11am

Think it’ll be like Lisa Simpson swallowing the truth about Jebediah Springfield, you know, for the good of the public.

Only this time is the crook is not long dead, he’s still in office pawning the country for quick cash.

My FBI contacts let me know that this is huge, he’s finally revealing the true investigation into the silent coup and treason that started during the election. He’s naming names!!!

I've read that he simply doesn't want to testify before Congress, because he might (gasp!) be forced to give his opinion on issues that he doesn't want to. This may be his way of trying to wriggle out of having to testify. If so, I doubt he'll say anything that will make Trump's critics feel happy.

The only thing that worries me is if Barr had any input whatsoever.

iJxHzcuNcCJXi.gif

So far he is. He’s allowed himself to be demonized by Republicans while also allowing his report to be characterized as exonerating Trump. Doubt that changes given the context around this statement.

I imagine he will reiterate his summary of the report, and that he did not exonerate and, in fact, presented the case for obstruction. I don't think that moves the needle much.

Right. He’s not going to make a strong enough statement and the Republican spin cycle will do its work shortly thereafter.

Back