• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Conservatives Stunned by Mueller Suggesting Trump Is Not Innocent

That is what Barr testified to regarding Mueller. His testimony is that Mueller stated that if the evidence was enough to indict, then the OLC ruling could be challenged but that this case did not warrant challenging the OLC. I am not ignoring it at all, obstruction is the only thing on the table. Mueller didn't exonerate Trump for colluding with Russia, but he also clearly stated that the case wasn't there to indict. Obstruction is where Mueller was more obtuse. He stated a bunch of bad stuff but then failed to reach a determination. This puts the onus on Barr, and unless refuted by Mueller, Barr's testimony will stand.

Obstruction seems very difficult to prove judicially (as a not-lawyer). Intent is a requirement for conviction, and the court of public opinion isn't enough for say that the person had intent to obstruct. That is where this case gets in the weeds it seems. Trump said/did a lot of things that could very easily be obstruction, but you have to prove intent. Common sense simply isn't enough.

Just because it makes sense that an action would be obstruction: Trump "I want to fire Mueller"

Doesn't mean it is obstruction...could just be Trump is erratic and fires people and says stupid stuff all the time.

I mean Trump recently took sides with psychopath Kim Jong-un to criticize Joe Biden. It is an almost impossible task to try and determine what Trump's intentions are. He is a complete loose cannon at all times. That is why this proves to be a difficult judicial case, and that is why impeachment is the obvious answer, but the House leaders don't have the stones to do it because it will in all likelihood backfire on them politically.

ETA - thank you for not throwing a needless insult my way when making a comment. It was downright refreshing.

Dude, this is just flat out wrong. Factually wrong. I'm sorry that you're so deluded by being conservative that you can't see it for what it is. But I respect you as a bball poster and I think you're too smart to be posting stuff like this. C'mon man.

Dude, this is just flat out wrong. Factually wrong. I'm sorry that you're so deluded by being conservative that you can't see it for what it is. But I respect you as a bball poster and I think you're too smart to be posting stuff like this. C'mon man.

many years of evidence contradicts “you’re too smart for this”

SIERS053019.jpg

Back