• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Early NCAA Basketball Top 25 After Sorting Who Stays And Who Goes

VT's Kerry Blackshear, rated as the top transfer in CBB, is taking his talents to Gainesville, FL to play with the Gators. Looks like Mike White's team will be tough in 2019-20.

On the flip side, VT loses all 5 starters. Their leading returning scorer is Isaiah Wilkins. He averaged 4.7 ppg and 14 minutes per game.

VT's Kerry Blackshear, rated as the top transfer in CBB, is taking his talents to Gainesville, FL to play with the Gators. Looks like Mike White's team will be tough in 2019-20.

On the flip side, VT loses all 5 starters. Their leading returning scorer is Isaiah Wilkins. He averaged 4.7 ppg and 14 minutes per game.

From Winston-Salem. Mount Tabor.

Go Gators!

I can't say I'm as big of a fan of UF as I am of Wake, but their basketball team gives me something to watch given the Deacs have sucked for years and years now.

Blackshear is the 3rd Hokie to transfer to UF in the last 10 years. I'd rather see him there than at UK.
Trivia question: Who was the last MBB Hokie to transfer to Wake?

Guy finished his degree and another year in college isn't going to change the scouting report

Exactly! Why not go out on a national title with you buddies. Guy can shot the ball and handle to pretty well. I think he will stick somewhere.

I can think of some other cases that both worked & didn't work. Jon Abbate left with one year remaining coming off an ACC title and the Orange Bowl. Had a very emotional season with his brother getting killed also. Nothing was going to change as far as size or speed so why not go out on top. A shame he was hurt during the combine.

Whit Merrifield leaves after his junior season at South Carolina after getting the national title winning hit at Rosenblatt Stadium. Was only drafted in the 9th round in the MLB draft with around a $125,000 signing bonus from the Kansas City Royals. Has persevered and made the majors in his 6th season at age 27 and got his big contract at the age of 30.

Back