• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Is this the greatest TV show ever?

It’s an excellent miniseries, not an excellent show.

I particularly like how they interwove the side stories. Stuff like culling animals is not something you think about when you hear Chernobyl.

It’s an excellent miniseries, not an excellent show.

I particularly like how they interwove the side stories. Stuff like culling animals is not something you think about when you hear Chernobyl.

i agree with this, but it is always hard to know how much of the show is true. I did listen to the director saying that Emily Watson's character is not real but more to represent a population of Soviet researchers at the time. Interesting take imo.

It's a masterpiece of a series. They did an incredible job telling individual human stories, crafting the narrative around the failures both human and political, and keeping tension throughout. No dull moments. And as ELC says, they focus on details most of us never knew or would think of.

Back