• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Great story on Josh Gattis on The Athletic

did not realize Zac Selmon was in the Oklahoma athletic department

not a big Harbaugh fan, but will defs be pulling for Gattis

did not realize Zac Selmon was in the Oklahoma athletic department

not a big Harbaugh fan, but will defs be pulling for Gattis

This will be difficult. It was hard enough when he was at Penn State and Alabama. Hopefully he won't be there long and ends up head coach someplace I can root for.

This will be difficult. It was hard enough when he was at Penn State and Alabama. Hopefully he won't be there long and ends up head coach someplace I can root for.

One or two good seasons at Michigan (translation: beating Ohio State) and he will be the "hot coordinator" on many lists for head coaching opportunities.

I'll have no problem rooting for him against Ohio State. That's never been an issue for me.

Like Wake, if Claw leaves us.

Hopefully Josh is renting in Ann Arbor. A lot broke right for Mich last year and they still flopped in their 3 big games (ND, OSU and bowl game vs FL). Their rb depth this year is basically an incoming fr and a former walk-on.

At the end of the day, Jim Hairball hasn’t closed the gap on OSU or ND. Another year of coming up short in games that matter is going to make a return to the NFL look really good.

The week 2 game vs Army could be the death knell of the Harbaugh era.

Hopefully Josh is renting in Ann Arbor. A lot broke right for Mich last year and they still flopped in their 3 big games (ND, OSU and bowl game vs FL). Their rb depth this year is basically an incoming fr and a former walk-on.

At the end of the day, Jim Hairball hasn’t closed the gap on OSU or ND. Another year of coming up short in games that matter is going to make a return to the NFL look really good.

The week 2 game vs Army could be the death knell of the Harbaugh era.
pl

Mostly agree. The Wolvs' qb is mediocre at best. Can't believe Mighty Michigan will let Army run through them. Stop the qb keeper and the fullback up the middle and the rest will follow. But you gotta really want to do it. Plus the chopblocks and the 4 down offense can be quite demoralizing.

10sd5c0.png

Athletic article about the death of the fullback has a couple lines from Gattis:

This is late September in 2017. Saquon Barkley is on his way to his third straight 1,000-yard rushing season and coming off a 211-yard game against Iowa. But some hardcore Lion fans are still dissatisfied. In June, someone had tweeted at then-Penn State receivers coach Josh Gattis: “The offense would have even more balance if we utilized fullbacks, how about we recruit one??”

Gattis’ reply: “To block who? A LB you just brought in the box bc U no longer have a 3rd WR?

Why put an 18 wheeler in front of a Ferrari & ask it to go fast!”

To drive home his point, Gattis then posted a photo of a big rig under a sign that read “no trucks left lane.” His point was clear: Fullbacks are unwieldy. They get in the way. They are outdated.

https://theathletic.com/1017007/201...osition-evolution-offense-personnel-nfl-ncaa/

Back