• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Uptown Charlotte Restaurants

Yeah it's one of the few "authentic" Charlotte restaurants that has any history to it. And their menu is so simple, yet so good.

Yeah it's one of the few "authentic" Charlotte restaurants that has any history to it. And their menu is so simple, yet so good.

I think that is true for Uptown, but there are plenty of authentic restaurants in the CLiT that have history. Uptown is just weird like that, the development there has kind of gentrified out all of the old unique restaurants other than Al Mike's and Green's and Open Kitchen.

I have a friend coming to town for the NCAA Tournament game and he asked me if I had any recs. I do not, but perhaps y'all do.

What are some good restaurant and bar recs for the Queen City?

@Biff Tannen @dukediggler @WRS @mako1331

Last edited:
I don't eat Uptown much anymore but can recommend:

Upscale:
La Belle Helene
Mariposa

Casual - Nice:
Haymaker
Fin and Fino (5 stars from Diggler)
Church and Union
Cellar at Duckworth's
Aria
Cicchetti
Roosters (Jim Noble Alert)
Essex Bar and Bistro
Room 112 (Sushi)

Sports Bar:
Duckworth's
Ink & Ivy
Places at Latta Arcade or whatever they call it now, like Valhalla and Hooligans
Also Thomas Davis has a new sports bar a couple of blocks farther north near Haymaker called Ten58, which are his college and NFL jersey numbers.

Irish Pub (large):
Ri-Ra
Connelly's on Fifth

Rooftop bars
Merchant and Trade at the Kimpton
There's another good one I can't remember, but plenty of others of varying heights.

Also,
Sea Level is good for oysters and really close to the arena.

Your friend needs to look into reservations ASAP.

I don't eat Uptown much anymore but can recommend:

Upscale:
La Belle Helene
Mariposa

Casual - Nice:
Haymaker
Fin and Fino (5 stars from Diggler)
Church and Union
Cellar at Duckworth's
Aria
Cicchetti
Roosters (Jim Noble Alert)
Essex Bar and Bistro
Room 112 (Sushi)

Sports Bar:
Duckworth's
Ink & Ivy
Places at Latta Arcade or whatever they call it now, like Valhalla and Hooligans
Also Thomas Davis has a new sports bar a couple of blocks farther north near Haymaker called Ten58, which are his college and NFL jersey numbers.

Irish Pub (large):
Ri-Ra
Connelly's on Fifth

Rooftop bars
Merchant and Trade at the Kimpton
There's another good one I can't remember, but plenty of others of varying heights.

Also,
Sea Level is good for oysters and really close to the arena.

Your friend needs to look into reservations ASAP.

Fahrenheit? It’s been since pre Covid that I went there but I recall the restaurant being super pricey and not really that good for the price. Had heard that might still be the case. Can’t speak to the bar quality though

That's why I didn't recommend it. They've gotten a new chef though in the past year and it's close to the arena. Likely to be filled with total douchebags.

Thank you, y'all. Really appreciate it. Are there other areas that are closer to the stadium? Or is Uptown the way to go?

Back