• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Uptown Charlotte Restaurants

Futo Bata is great. Hit up Lang Van if you can make it out there.

Neither of those places is uptown, btw. But I’m sure netflixandchildress appreciates the suggestions.

Lots of corporate dining and special occasion weirdo dining uptown.

Yeah if you want to visit an expense account steakhouse there are plenty of options uptown.

Any particular style or context you’re looking for?

and apparently nothing is open for lunch/brunch in Uptown on the weekend. we had a wedding in Charlotte that started early Saturday afternoon and wanted to get a bite with friends that morning but found very few options. ended up eating at the restaurant in the Dunhill Hotel (the Asbury) since it was near the Marriott we stayed at.

Went to Haymaker last night. I'd give it a 4 out of 5. Service is great, nice decor, food was good but not great. I had the pork shoulder appetizer with the duck entree.

and apparently nothing is open for lunch/brunch in Uptown on the weekend. we had a wedding in Charlotte that started early Saturday afternoon and wanted to get a bite with friends that morning but found very few options. ended up eating at the restaurant in the Dunhill Hotel (the Asbury) since it was near the Marriott we stayed at.

That's where you should go to brunch anyway.

Don’t know CLT at all.

But was down there in the last few days and can offer the following impressions.

The Hampton Inn at South Park/Phillips Place has some nice suites. Construction is a bit messy there, however.

Looks like plenty of nice places to eat around there.

Unfortunately, we met at a prearranged place, RuRu’s (Mexican). It wasn’t bad, but the food/drinks were just pretty good.

The Duke Mansion (where I attended a meeting) seems like a nice place to stay. Beautiful place/grounds.

CLT traffic sucks.

Kindred is great but it sucks when you walk out at 9:45 and the streets are empty.

Kindred is strong, but I like Choplin's better over in that direction. Equal food, easier to get in, and less of a douchebag crowd. Exterior setting for Choplin's isn't great, but I'd pick Hello Sailor over Kindred for setting anyway. All are good choices though.

Luckily, a thread about Uptown Charlotte Restaurants has morphed into a thread about strip mall steakhouses in Cornelius.

Back