• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Football: most beatable team in the ACC

Louisville is a trash can commuter school that should never have been allowed into the ACC. They were flashy in football and basketball simultaneously for a stretch and the ACC gulped them down like a dumb fish hitting a shiny lure. Just like the fish, the conference can't throw them up and the damage will continue.

I’m not on Twitter, so can someone please send this to a couple of the coaches?

For Ss and Gs, who would we list as the most beatable ACC school next year? BC always has a good D and good OL. Not sure what Duke has coming back. Hard to know what Satterfield will do with Petrino's left-overs. Ga Tech breaking in a new coach and scheme. UNC likely will be better.

Everything about Louisville sucks.

For Ss and Gs, who would we list as the most beatable ACC school next year? BC always has a good D and good OL. Not sure what Duke has coming back. Hard to know what Satterfield will do with Petrino's left-overs. Ga Tech breaking in a new coach and scheme. UNC likely will be better.

BC is replacing 4/5 of their OL, that rule will be tested, and Brown isn't very good. I'd put them and FSU below us given what a mess FSU was last year. And State and 'cuse we'll see with new QBs taking over full time.

And that's not even mentioning the Coastal

BC is replacing 4/5 of their OL, that rule will be tested, and Brown isn't very good. I'd put them and FSU below us given what a mess FSU was last year. And State and 'cuse we'll see with new QBs taking over full time.

And that's not even mentioning the Coastal

UNC should be the bottom of the Coastal. UVa and Pitt have passed the Hokies and GT should be fine. Miami will not be at the bottom. Dook is another unknown; maybe Cutt has some magic left.

Really wish we would have taken Uconn instead. Or somehow forced Nova or Georgetown to join D1 football.

Best thing I can say about them is: I guess it's better than having WVU.

UNC should be the bottom of the Coastal. UVa and Pitt have passed the Hokies and GT should be fine. Miami will not be at the bottom. Dook is another unknown; maybe Cutt has some magic left.

I think they'll be the furthest thing from fine this season. Transitioning from the TO to a conventional offense with players that were recruited for the TO system has all the makings of a disaster. May take Collins a few years to get things rolling.

Ga Tech fans will tell you that their players can handle it because it's a lot harder school for the student athlete to handle than Georgia.

Actually they won't say that, they'll just dump on Johnson.

I think they'll be the furthest thing from fine this season. Transitioning from the TO to a conventional offense with players that were recruited for the TO system has all the makings of a disaster. May take Collins a few years to get things rolling.

I'm with you on this. I wouldn't be surprised if GT is flat out horrible for the next two years.

CPJ did have pretty immediate success at GT though doing the reverse.

Granted GT had recently had Reggie Ball at QB so not like they were transitioning from an effective pass attack

Granted GT had recently had Reggie Ball at QB so not like they were transitioning from an effective pass attack

that's because he lucked into a better option quarterback than he was ever able to recruit to GT

Everyone (including some GT fans near us) slow-chanting "Regg-ie" during the ACC Championship game is a good memory. That dude was awful.

Back