• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Another list: 100 greatest rap albums

Also pretty ridiculous not to have He's The DJ I'm The Rapper on there, which pretty much crossed rap over to pop. Not a top 10 album, but definitely should make a top 100 list. Same goes for As Nasty As They Wanna Be. In general way too much early 2000s and not enough 80s. This looks like a list written by a white millennial.

Shit, how'd I miss the It's dark and hell is hot 20th anniversary tour

I saw Good Kid M.A.A.D City at 94. Then the list told me a Juvenile and Xhibit album were better in the next 4 listings. Then I closed the list.

I saw Good Kid M.A.A.D City at 94. Then the list told me a Juvenile and Xhibit album were better in the next 4 listings. Then I closed the list.

Did have T.P.A.B. higher up the list.

Kind of an odd ordering til you get to the top 20 or so, but a pretty good list all told.

Sorry there isn't enough "My name is rapper and I'm here to say, I like to rap in an interesting way" stuff for boomers like 2&2 on it.

a few notable omissions:

Below the Heavens
Graduation and MBDTF
Supreme Clientele
No Clipse or Digable Planets

Quality Control by Jurassic Five absolutely deserves to be on any list

Obligatory J5 at Wake story:

They played Wait Chapel and like...50 students showed up, and maybe 5 minutes into the show someone rapped "Motherfuck George Bush" and people booed and left.

Obligatory J5 at Wake story:

They played Wait Chapel and like...50 students showed up, and maybe 5 minutes into the show someone rapped "Motherfuck George Bush" and people booed and left.

I was there! I feel like J5 was book ended in that concert series by Ben Folds and Guster, both of whom brought many, many more people to Wait.

I was at that show too. Funny because a year or two before The Roots played and it was packed.

I was there too. Got a free ticket from my roommate an hour before. Way more than fifty people, but still not packed.

I was there! I feel like J5 was book ended in that concert series by Ben Folds and Guster, both of whom brought many, many more people to Wait.

I think J5 was the fall concert my freshman year. Fall show was always smaller than the spring show.

Spring shows I remember: Ben Folds, Third Eye Blind, and OAR. Was abroad one spring.

Yankee trash list. Wu Tang is so overrated. Also, they ranked a Common album and a Queen Latifah album over multiple Outkast, Tupac, Eminem and Biggie releases.

Back