• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Big Papi shot in DR-stable condition

RJKarl

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
Hopefully, it won't be that serious.

Heal quickly!!!

Last edited:

Fuck the ass who is responsible for this, may he burn in hell. Hope Ortiz pulls through this ok.

Security video is floating around the web. Looks more like a hit attempt than anything resembling a robbery.

i’m sure he still has enough HGH in his body to recover

glad to hear that the surgery went successful and that he should make a full recovery

It's been several years since I was in the DR, but it was a little like the wild west. I remember being shocked when in visiting a pastor's home we were greeted by an armed guard at the gate of his drive way. People have to provide their own protection. Perhaps it has improved.

This seems more like an instance of the police trying to protect Ortiz. Somehow the story got out (whether true or not) that the "hit" was because Ortiz was banging some drug dealer's wife. Ortiz is an absolute legend in the Dominican so it seems pretty plausible to me that they're putting out the "mistaken identity" story to try and take some dirt off Ortiz's name. The police probably convinced the shooter he has a lower chance of getting murdered in jail if he goes along with the "I meant to shoot someone else" story.

Oh and the mistaken identity guy (Sixto David Fernandez) looks absolutely nothing like Ortiz...... and somehow the police picked the 1 guy in their group that was unmarried as the intended target.

WhatsAppImage20190619at5.41.58PM.jpeg

Last edited:
Unmarried and related to a Mexican Drug Cartel kingpin

People fucking LOOOVVVEEEE conspiracy theories

This seems more like an instance of the police trying to protect Ortiz. Somehow the story got out (whether true or not) that the "hit" was because Ortiz was banging some drug dealer's wife. Ortiz is an absolute legend in the Dominican so it seems pretty plausible to me that they're putting out the "mistaken identity" story to try and take some dirt off Ortiz's name. The police probably convinced the shooter he has a lower chance of getting murdered in jail if he goes along with the "I meant to shoot someone else" story.

Oh and the mistaken identity guy (Sixto David Fernandez) looks absolutely nothing like Ortiz...... and somehow the police picked the 1 guy in their group that was unmarried as the intended target.

WhatsAppImage20190619at5.41.58PM.jpeg

I like this theory.

One of the first things I heard almost immediately after the shooting (like next day) was this mistaken-identity thing. I don't remember where it was from, but it was from a journalist or someone who wouldn't just peddle it from nowhere. But it could also totally be the DR protecting Ortiz to an extent, only saying it didn't come out of nowhere, and I heard it before the Ortiz banging drug-dealer's wife thing.

I can buy it even though it seems silly due to his fame and frame, but these guys weren't John Wick, and were probably pretty nervous/amateurish. Also wouldn't be surprised if they had self-medicated to gain a little extra motivation. So yeah, maybe poorly lit outdoors nightclub area, Ortiz sitting down reduces the size discrepancy a bit, and it was from the back. Makes it a little more believable to me.

I can buy it even though it seems silly due to his fame and frame, but these guys weren't John Wick, and were probably pretty nervous/amateurish. Also wouldn't be surprised if they had self-medicated to gain a little extra motivation. So yeah, maybe poorly lit outdoors nightclub area, Ortiz sitting down reduces the size discrepancy a bit, and it was from the back. Makes it a little more believable to me.

Completely believable. They went off pant color. PANTS.

Back